View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 03:52 AM
aznajoe
Lurker

aznajoe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tok View Post
Ok guys, here is another update... As you might remember my local store (3rd party repair center) promised me a TP2 since a month ago, to then deny that it ever happened. Well, today I walked in to a REAL Sprint Store (just 5 minutes away from my local store!), explained the issues with the phone, and the tech immediately told me that the Touch Pro is known by Sprint to be a "defective handset" and that I "must" upgrade to a TP2, Blackberry, or some other non-touch HTC phone (he didn't even give me the option of a regular Touch Pro). I chose the TP2 expecting the usual "out of stock" once he checked... but he put the order through with no issues, and told me the store will receive the replacement after the holidays for me to come and pick up. He also gave a printed Sprint receipt showing the Touch Pro 2 as a replacement and a case number.
Now I DO think that it actually makes a difference which store you go to. I saw with my own eyes when my local 3rd party store showed me the out of stock message for all level 4 and 5 replacements for the TP2. I guess that real Sprint stores can order from a different source, maybe the retail one? Will post back once I get the actual phone next week!
Well went to a local non corporate store today and they were also able to order the TP2 to replace my defective TP. I have more then one line with TP that are defective so I also called the 800 number and asked for tech support. Told them what was going on and they told me they were going to ship me a TP2. So I have 2 TP2 on the way. Hopefully they come after thanksgiving...something to be thankful for...