PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
Yep, Im using a RAPH800. I have tried deleting my data.img, and the whole andboot folder many times. Formatted my SD card once with Windows. Tried the RC1 and newest autobuilds over at XDA and the AIO here.

I'm also experience haret.exe freezing almost every time I execute it, unless it is immediately after a soft-reset. Even then, it still freezes 50% of the time before the double vibration.

Tried a different ROM today, and the same issues with haret exist.
I've been told the ROM has no effect on Android. WinMo just initializes some hardware for Linux, which would not change ROM-to-ROM.

With that said, I've never experienced the haret freeze you describe. Now does it freeze completely - like you can't do anything? It just locks the phone up and you have to soft-reset, or does it just hang for a moment before kicking off Linux/Android?

I would do what Makk suggested earlier about taking turbo mode out. Perhaps Makk we (by we I mean you :P) should make a "clean" AIO in a sense? Just strip any of the extraneous stuff from the cmdline in the startup. Not sure if it would help people or not.

Perhaps you can be our guinea pig bobram. Can you try stripping out extraneous stuff? All I have in my cmdline is "lcd.density=210 msmvkeyb_toggle=off physkeyboard=raph board-htcraphael-navi.wake=0 gsensor_axis=2,-1,3"

I guess that's a lie, I also put the north_am_dialing=1 and a rel_path statement, but those are for Google Voice and my folder organization respectively.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

BrokenLimits is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to BrokenLimits

Thank all of you involved very much. I intend to donate as soon as you guys get the camera working (its what I use the most).

I have just one problem. Foursquare crashes on me when I go to update my location. I saw on here that someone else was using it just fine. "The application foursquare (process com.joelapenna.foursquared) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I am on a Raph800 sprint htc touch pro and I did the all-in-one 2.2 install.

edit looks like tethering is also not working. it tells me Usb not connected however it is charging...

Last edited by BrokenLimits; 07-20-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Flak is a n00b

I had to remove the turbo mode for haret to boot everytime I wanted it to. With turbo mode and 2.2 I'd have to try a couple times before haret would boot successfully. Though either way with 2.2 I'm having a random reboot problem. Where android boots me back into windows. I could be in the middle of doing something or just have it chilling, or just have it charging and it will at some point reboot back to winmo.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: alltel Htc Touch Pro (rapheal 800)
Carrier: verizon

jmblouin is a n00b

Well my touch pro sat on the shelve for a while to I found another use for it. I finally got fring to make my touch pro a wifi home phone. Works great when I call it from my moto droid. If anyone else was in the same situation, bring the touch pro back to life with 2.2 froyo and fring. Works awsome! No video calls yet since camera is not supported.

edit:You can recieve video calls but only send a checkerboard design instead in response to the call.

Last edited by jmblouin; 07-20-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

djdafreund is keeping up the good workdjdafreund is keeping up the good work

I have been using the turbo option in cmd line, but i haven't ever personally had any problems not booting into android2.2 yet. (knock on wood.) Noticed some games i tried didn't work, just went back into main android screen. Voice recognition doesn't work for me, and camera of course, but otherwise it's quick, and all emu's work great (better then the WM versions on mine at least.) GREAT WORK!!!
Old 07-21-2010, 12:12 AM
cxc
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

cxc is a n00b

Has anyone been able to make a call using the google voice app? I keep getting the "the number or code you dialed is incorrect". I tried to look for a solution, apparently it has something to do with the app dialing a plus sign (+) every time which sprint cannot interpret. Is there a work around for this? Thanks!!
Old 07-21-2010, 12:27 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I would do what Makk suggested earlier about taking turbo mode out. Perhaps Makk we (by we I mean you :P) should make a "clean" AIO in a sense? Just strip any of the extraneous stuff from the cmdline in the startup. Not sure if it would help people or not.
I don't think I'll go that far, but I will strip out turbo mode from the next CDMA AIO release. I meant to do it with this last one, but forgot when I was putting it together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLimits View Post
edit looks like tethering is also not working. it tells me Usb not connected however it is charging...
Not sure what you're using to tether, but if USB isn't connecting, make sure you're connected to activesync while you boot Android. USB init is not quite right -- it's a known and long-standing bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmblouin View Post
Well my touch pro sat on the shelve for a while to I found another use for it. I finally got fring to make my touch pro a wifi home phone. Works great when I call it from my moto droid. If anyone else was in the same situation, bring the touch pro back to life with 2.2 froyo and fring. Works awsome! No video calls yet since camera is not supported.

edit:You can recieve video calls but only send a checkerboard design instead in response to the call.
Another way to accomplish that (wifi home phone) is with sipdroid, ipkall, google voice, pbxes.org and sipsorcery. Here's a fairly complete writeup from gurnted at xda-devs. It is ridiculously complex, but once it's set up, it's pretty nice (though I just set it up last week, and I'm not yet sure it's at all reliable, especially for incoming calls). Free US calling from any wifi connection, well integrated into the Android interface, though -- seems sort of like the holy grail.

[
QUOTE=cxc;1876094]Has anyone been able to make a call using the google voice app? I keep getting the "the number or code you dialed is incorrect". I tried to look for a solution, apparently it has something to do with the app dialing a plus sign (+) every time which sprint cannot interpret. Is there a work around for this? Thanks!![/QUOTE]

I believe this was mentioned up-page. Add north_am_dialing=1 to your cmdline to get around the plus sign issue. Some phones send it and some do not, for some baffling reason. Might be a setting somewhere on the account back-end that determines it.

Last edited by makkonen; 07-21-2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jocala is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
Gallery is working ok, I can see my photos. OI file manager lets be browse my SD card. Just no ringtones, or msg notifications. The dialer makes sounds when i press the number keys.
What worked for me is moving my Media folder to /sdcard/andboot.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BrokenLimits is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BrokenLimits

Well it crashes every program that was not pre-installed. I even tried an older version of a few programs and no luck. I am not sure why my phone hates me.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLimits View Post
Thank all of you involved very much. I intend to donate as soon as you guys get the camera working (its what I use the most).

I have just one problem. Foursquare crashes on me when I go to update my location. I saw on here that someone else was using it just fine. "The application foursquare (process com.joelapenna.foursquared) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I am on a Raph800 sprint htc touch pro and I did the all-in-one 2.2 install.

There's a fix, I believe it was just adding a file to the ext2 file. Hopefully it's fixed soon (if not already)

Update to the newest of everything. Basically there was a problem that only GoogleMaps could access the GPS properly. Any other app would fail... Like I said, there is a fix. The way to fix it by hand is a little tricky.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux