PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
With that said, I've never experienced the haret freeze you describe. Now does it freeze completely - like you can't do anything? It just locks the phone up and you have to soft-reset, or does it just hang for a moment before kicking off Linux/Android?
It completely freezes the phone. Touch screen is unresponsive, hardware buttons do nothing, holding down the power button does nothing. Only option is to soft-reset or pull the battery. I let it sit for 5 minuets and nothing happened. The freeze happens just after the scroll bar on the haret popup reaches the end.

Quote:
I would do what Makk suggested earlier about taking turbo mode out.

Perhaps you can be our guinea pig bobram. Can you try stripping out extraneous stuff? All I have in my cmdline is "lcd.density=210 msmvkeyb_toggle=off physkeyboard=raph board-htcraphael-navi.wake=0 gsensor_axis=2,-1,3"
I tried this, only using your command line above and it booted into Android fine on the first try after my phone had been up for at least 16 hours. Maybe this is the solution. I'm going to try it a few more times and see if it will crash or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala View Post
What worked for me is moving my Media folder to /sdcard/andboot.
Isn't that the default location for the media folder? In any case, that is where my Media folder is located. Any other ideas regarding getting the phone to see the media folder?

I can broswe to the media folder with OI and actually play the ringtones with the media player. It's jsut that the system doesn't seem to realize there is a media folder to look for ringtones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yitzter View Post
I've formatted my card with hp utility, yet I still get the error "waiting for SD card".

Any help? Thank you all for the great work that's been put into this project.
On XDA they recommend adding this to your startup:

msmsdcc_1bit msmsdcc_fmax=14000000 msmsdcc_nopwrsave

That didn't work for me. What fixed it for me was to free up more space on my SD card. I had 400mb free, and I deleted some stuff making 500-600 free and I stopped getting the "waiting for SD card" error.

Last edited by bobram; 07-22-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

Yitzter is a n00b

Quote:
Do you have a Touch Pro or a Mogul? Your profile looks like you have a Mogul...

You can also try a different card, just to rule out that card.

Are you just extracting the bundle in the first post to the root of your SD card? I guess I'd really need to know what device you have - pull the battery and look for RAPH800 or something like that.

The 6800 is the Mogul tho. This particular setup won't work for that device. I think there was an Android project for that device, not sure how far it got tho.
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I have the raph800. CDMA Sprint.

I've been using 2.1 for a while now, as soon as I started messing with 2.2 I get the error "waiting for sd card".

I've tried formatting with the HP tool as suggested but no luck, I will try and use 2.1 again to rule out if it's a defective card or not.

I extract the files to my HD then copy them over, should I try extracting them directly to the SD card?

Thanks for the help, I will update my profile so there is less confusion in the future.

Edit: I tried extracting it directly to SD card, no luck. I went back to 2.1 to see if it would work, and it has.

My SD card is not defective, 2.1 installed perfectly fine, does anyone know why this would be happening. I also think its worth mentioning, that I've tried 2.2 from XDA and it worked fine. Just the 2.2 AIO that was posted is giving me problems.

Thank you all for your help on this matter. I truly appreciate it.

Last edited by Yitzter; 07-22-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
I extract the files to my HD then copy them over, should I try extracting them directly to the SD card?

Thanks for the help, I will update my profile so there is less confusion in the future.
Both methods should work, and no worries on the profile. Just wanted to make sure!
Old 07-22-2010, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BrokenLimits is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BrokenLimits

Installed the latest version of everything and it still crashes all my programs when I do anything within the program. Aggravating.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLimits View Post
Installed the latest version of everything and it still crashes all my programs when I do anything within the program. Aggravating.
Woah woah woah there. Before it was JUST 4square and only in relation to GPS. Is this not still the case?

Here's the xda post I was referring to. Have fun!

Last edited by arrrghhh; 07-22-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BrokenLimits is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BrokenLimits

Ack that is over my head. I know mounting a drive refers to loading a drive within Linux but I am running Windows and have no idea how to add that file to the existing system file.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLimits View Post
Ack that is over my head. I know mounting a drive refers to loading a drive within Linux but I am running Windows and have no idea how to add that file to the existing system file.
Hence I wouldn't sweat it. I'm sure it'll make it into future updates. I can't recreate this issue tho, are you just experiencing it with foursquare? Have you had issues with any other apps? It could be unique to that application.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Lurker

Yitzter is a n00b

On XDA they recommend adding this to your startup:

msmsdcc_1bit msmsdcc_fmax=14000000 msmsdcc_nopwrsave

That didn't work for me. What fixed it for me was to free up more space on my SD card. I had 400mb free, and I deleted some stuff making 500-600 free and I stopped getting the "waiting for SD card" error.[/QUOTE]

I tried the XDA tip, however it didn't work. Space is also not an issue, I have an 8GB SD card, and I'm only using about 2GB.

Could the 8GB be a problem, SDHC and all?
Old 07-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
I tried the XDA tip, however it didn't work. Space is also not an issue, I have an 8GB SD card, and I'm only using about 2GB.

Could the 8GB be a problem, SDHC and all?
I use an 8GB card, never had a problem.

I've seen intermittent issues with partitions on the card - people are saying formatting with GParted is more consistent than with Windows or even the HP utility. Have you tried that? Delete ALL partitions from the card and just put one big FAT32 partition on it.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Lurker

Yitzter is a n00b

Quote:
I use an 8GB card, never had a problem.

I've seen intermittent issues with partitions on the card - people are saying formatting with GParted is more consistent than with Windows or even the HP utility. Have you tried that? Delete ALL partitions from the card and just put one big FAT32 partition on it.
I'll give that a go. I already have only one FAT partition on there. I'll try using gparted and see how it goes.

Thanks for the help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux