PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Coucher is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Running the most recent All-In-One release from the first post and everything that is suppose to work does work except for the microphone?

Can't get the microphone to work in any application. Also tried making a call and also using the microphone from within WinMo just prior to running HaRET but it makes no difference.

Searched the thread for any answer, didn't find anything. Am I missing something obvious? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coucher View Post
Running the most recent All-In-One release from the first post and everything that is suppose to work does work except for the microphone?

Can't get the microphone to work in any application. Also tried making a call and also using the microphone from within WinMo just prior to running HaRET but it makes no difference.

Searched the thread for any answer, didn't find anything. Am I missing something obvious? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
You have a Sprint TouchPro? RAPH800? This has been fixed a while ago... Can you try the stupid typical things like deleting your data.img and formatting the SD? Start with the data.img file. May want to try and update as well, but the AIO should work fine.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA21 View Post
JUst to put my two cents in, non biased opinion here....running Android off a 40% free at boot 6.5 21054 rom made Android unuseable. It was neat to look at.

After re cooking a 6.1 21054 build that boooted with over 65% free resources, I am actrually trying to use android as my default os.

It was NOT i repeat NOT useable with my 6.5 build in place. Wether or not it was my device specifically I do not know, but I do know now, after trimming a ROM down, I can use it and I love it. Just need to stop crashing when I try and do too much at once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
One of your VZ cronies with a 500 already pointed out that it's not the device in general. So get off your soap box, and realize that a) you're doing something wrong or b) there's truly something wrong with your device.

Why is that so hard to believe? I'm not calling you a liar, that it never happened, just that you're the first to report it and I can't recreate it. No one else has been able to either. Hence the reason it's your particular phone, or what you are doing... in particular.

Calm down, no one is here to fight you. I'm certainly not, and I'm pretty sure no one else is either.
guess you missed this. as i said. im done with it. just because YOU cant reproduce it with a SPRINT phone does NOT mean it isnt an issues with VZN's TP. so there are at least 2 people here that can produce problems with booting/running android when the mem is running low. but of course you missed that because you were to worried about trying to say i was wrong. so that is 2 people telling you that mem usage seems to be a problem with android and VZN phones. how many more need to tell you before you start to believe that there might be something to it? OH, and just so you know, the rom on the phone does play a part(and a major one at that) in how much mem is being used at startup. there is a reason the VZN TP's have to have a trimmed down rom and lower PP setting.

OH, and this is my past post towards you. you apparently have made up your mind that this is a non issue when it actually is. im wasting my time and energy on you because you know it all.

Last edited by Mylt1; 07-30-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
guess you missed this. as i said. im done with it. just because YOU cant reproduce it with a SPRINT phone does NOT mean it isnt an issues with VZN's TP. so there are at least 2 people here that can produce problems with booting/running android when the mem is running low. but of course you missed that because you were to worried about trying to say i was wrong. so that is 2 people telling you that mem usage seems to be a problem with android and VZN phones. how many more need to tell you before you start to believe that there might be something to it? OH, and just so you know, the rom on the phone does play a part(and a major one at that) in how much mem is being used at startup. there is a reason the VZN TP's have to have a trimmed down rom and lower PP setting.

OH, and this is my past post towards you. you apparently have made up your mind that this is a non issue when it actually is. im wasting my time and energy on you because you know it all.
Wow. You evidently didn't read his post either. Re-read what you made in 72 point font... he didn't say Android wouldn't boot. Just that it was unusable.

Please just leave. You're not in here for help, you're just trolling at this point.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
You have a Sprint TouchPro? RAPH800? This has been fixed a while ago... Can you try the stupid typical things like deleting your data.img and formatting the SD? Start with the data.img file. May want to try and update as well, but the AIO should work fine.
Yes, sorry, meant to include that in my original post. Sprint Touch Pro.

I've tried both completely redoing the SD card I'm using as well as deleting the data.img file.

I'm using the most recent AIO.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Yes, sorry, meant to include that in my original post. Sprint Touch Pro.

I've tried both completely redoing the SD card I'm using as well as deleting the data.img file.

I'm using the most recent AIO.
Odd. Have previous builds worked? Have you tried updating the AIO at all? There's usually a more recent zImage/modules & rootfs.img to be had.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post

Quote:
Wow. You evidently didn't read his post either. Re-read what you made in 72 point font... he didn't say Android wouldn't boot. Just that it was unusable.

Please just leave. You're not in here for help, you're just trolling at this point.
apparently you didnt read mine. you cant compare the sprint TP to the VZN TP. no matter how you slice or dice it no matter if you can reproduce it or not the lack of mem in the VZN TP can cause issues with booting/running android. i dont know what part of that you dont understand. that has been my point this whole time but you have stood me down that its not true.

so it seems the only one here that is trooling is you. until you get a VZN TP and do the testing yourself you really should just STFU about it since you really cant comment because your lack of having this actual phone. now, if you want to go purchase a VZN TP and do some testing yourself and come back with the results, please feel free. but until you actually own one and have done your own testing leave it be.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Odd. Have previous builds worked? Have you tried updating the AIO at all? There's usually a more recent zImage/modules & rootfs.img to be had.
This is the first one I've tried.

I may try the "Hard Way - Make Your Own Package" at some point over the weekend and see if it changes.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
This is the first one I've tried.

I may try the "Hard Way - Make Your Own Package" at some point over the weekend and see if it changes.
Alrighty, let us know what happens. I'm really not sure what could've happened to cause that effect honestly...

Did you format your card before loading Android on it? Shouldn't be necessary, but it may cause issues if it was a strange file system or something...

Not sure how that would cause your issue tho
Old 07-30-2010, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff

Anybody had any success installing / communicating via USB with PDANet with the Sprint Touch Pro running Android (I'm running latest build FroYo All-in-One package)?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux