PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
did you delete your cache folder for that trial?
Didn't know that had a bearing on it... Looks like I do need to test with a clean card.

Update - Crap. Looping X... So what in that cache folder was makin it work!?!

Just looked at that folder... it's empty. Very confused now.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 05-13-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Kevets is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The cache folder from my "working, current" AIO setup contains:
lost+found folder which is empty
downloadfile.apk which is 1.46mb and reads like garbage in notepad.

I did also try the Sense all-in-one I found somewhere on XDA which didn't seem to have trouble booting but gagged on CDMA data. I was hoping that one would work since GPS is claimed to work in that release. Guess I'm gonna have to start comparing files to see what differences there are.

Last edited by Kevets; 05-13-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

The .apk file is a application installer for some app you got from the market. You won't be able to read it with notepad
Old 05-13-2010, 03:13 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

OK. Here's the cache folder from ReeferMattness's thread. Does this fix it?
Attached Files
File Type: zip cache.zip (1.4 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
OK. Here's the cache folder from ReeferMattness's thread. Does this fix it?
Testing now... Somehow I doubt it, but it's worth a shot. I just dropped the folder at the root of the SD card, just under the 'andboot' folder. That is the correct place, yes? I shouldn't be placing that within the 'andboot' folder... should I?

Still loops. Going to put the 'cache' folder within the 'andboot' folder to see if it makes any difference.

Still looping FYI. Looking into other potential differences...

Last edited by arrrghhh; 05-13-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

Sarcomere21 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Sarcomere21 Send a message via Yahoo to Sarcomere21

The all-in-one booted up just fine for me. I updated to the newest zImage and rootfs. So far there are two problems I have ran into.

I am having is that none of the apps form the marketplace will downloand, they just stay there saying "starting download..."

Also I keep getting the message The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" then I have to hit the button force close.

Other thant that eveything else seems to be running smoothly, internet and calling.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

I heard a reboot will fix the Market issue. Mine works fine. the process stopping unexpectedly, just be patient.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

Sarcomere21 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Sarcomere21 Send a message via Yahoo to Sarcomere21

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I heard a reboot will fix the Market issue. Mine works fine. the process stopping unexpectedly, just be patient.
Thanks for the tip. I tired the reboot but it had no effect. I will dig into it more later when I get home from work. The market place was previously working so I will drop back to the old set of files later and see what happens.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

what i didn't do was delete the data.img
Old 05-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
what i didn't do was delete the data.img
Sarcomere21, this is probably a more likely candidate for a fix Thanks hamagc.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux