PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Thanks to aatreya, we should have a fix for the weird + dialing issue that has caused Google Voice to fail for so many of you. Add north_am_dialing=1 to your cmdline in startup.txt and it should fix google voice. I'm not sure anyone has tried this yet.
GV outbound dialing works for me now! Awesome! I'm not sure if it was the line to my startup or the new kernel/modules/rootfs, but it does indeed work! Thank you much Makk!
Old 03-08-2010, 01:15 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

It was both.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by akastixx View Post
anyone able to get agps working on the newer builds? It worked for me when I first started (location worked in browser and widgets- didn't try navigation). I've since updated a few times and have had no luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I can pretty much guarantee it wasn't GPS. Sorry, I wish it was.

It was cell-tower location/triangulation - which works, but is much less accurate. For whatever reason, CDMA doesn't seem to work nearly as well as GSM with cell-tower based location... I haven't had any cell-tower location in a few builds either. I did get it to grab a location for me in Google Maps once or twice, but I knew it was cell-tower location because the circle was so large. It was within 1000ft instead of 10.
isn't that what agps is?
Old 03-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by akastixx View Post
isn't that what agps is?
http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/gp..._tutorial.html

You may want to read that article...

Basically, aGPS is assisted by cell towers to speed up triangulation, or allow a fix to occur when only two sats are acquired.

This is different from the cell-tower based location in the sense that it only uses the cell tower information to provide GPS. All cell towers are equipped with GPS for timing among other things - and this is the information that it's relaying.

So it's not truly GPS or even aGPS. Your phone is NOT using GPS satellites to get a direct fix on your location. Does that make sense now?

The reason I'm convinced it's not using GPS is the devs have not sorted out how to get the information from the GPS receiver to Android. They need a driver for the linux kernel, and to my knowledge have not made much progress on it. Essentially if linux isn't understanding the hardware, Android will never get any information from it.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 03-08-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TWiST is just getting started

Quote:
GV outbound dialing works for me now! Awesome! I'm not sure if it was the line to my startup or the new kernel/modules/rootfs, but it does indeed work! Thank you much Makk!

I am super uber excited about GV working!!!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

eyepoker is just getting started

tried my plantronics model 320 bt headset... seems to make a connection though Android doesn't ask for the password. The headset chirps as if a connection is made and there's a unique bluetooth icon in the info bar at the top of the screen, but thats about it. Can't seem to do anything with it.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyepoker View Post
tried my plantronics model 320 bt headset... seems to make a connection though Android doesn't ask for the password. The headset chirps as if a connection is made and there's a unique bluetooth icon in the info bar at the top of the screen, but thats about it. Can't seem to do anything with it.
Yea I was able to pair with a BT enabled phone, but it wouldn't connect. I don't have any headsets or anything else to test with here at work unfortunately. I do have a BT GPS device... that would be interesting to see if it worked.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

deklar is a n00b

Quote:
Yea I was able to pair with a BT enabled phone, but it wouldn't connect. I don't have any headsets or anything else to test with here at work unfortunately. I do have a BT GPS device... that would be interesting to see if it worked.
Bluetooth GPS can pair as well, but won't connected. I have to assume it is everything.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:40 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Apparently this is the same state as Bluetooth is in on GSM. A2DP might just rely on an audio lib from Android being brought over. Not sure about other functions.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

how does one go installing these updates from here? The zip has a img file in it

http://xdandroid.southcape.org/rootfs/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux