PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 06:52 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Ditto. I've been eagerly awaiting a NAND to flash to our phones as well, not sure how far that is off... I keep thinking it's close, but there may be technical reasons for not having one yet, rather than just a lack of desire to build one on a buggy system.
my problem has been time, i have built a vm to develop in, but thats it.
im pretty sure that i can tackle tinboot.

re: gps, im also pretty sure that the raph800 isn't outputting nmea data like others thanks to an nv value that could be changed, but ive been down that road good luck finding it.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

nukedathlonman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukedathlonman View Post
If I've read everything right, AIO-2010-05-11.7z is built using the newer XDAndroid which is based on a "clean" 2.1 Android build. From what i read on XDANDROID forums, that has some non-essential software removed - which probably is why there is no calendar application in it.
Well, I've been playing around. If that app is mission critical, than you can sub the system.sqsh file with the one that has the application - like AIO-2010-03-31.7z or from one of the XDANDROID builds... I'm back to using the other release, but I've sub'd in the newest kernel, the newest rootfs, and the newest intramfs.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro / Android

s3cr3t is a n00b

Yeah i schedule a bunch of stuff for work on my google calendar..
Hmm thats strange, after doing that I no longer have Accounts & Sync in the settings anymore.

Along with some other really strange crashes.. This probably isnt a good solution

Edit:

Is there any way to open those .sqsh files? If so I could probably just copy out the apps that i want from that package into the newer one.

Quote:
Well, I've been playing around. If that app is mission critical, than you can sub the system.sqsh file with the one that has the application - like AIO-2010-03-31.7z or from one of the XDANDROID builds... I'm back to using the other release, but I've sub'd in the newest kernel, the newest rootfs, and the newest intramfs.

Last edited by s3cr3t; 05-19-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Lurker

nukedathlonman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3cr3t View Post
Yeah i schedule a bunch of stuff for work on my google calendar..
Hmm thats strange, after doing that I no longer have Accounts & Sync in the settings anymore.

Along with some other really strange crashes.. This probably isnt a good solution

Edit:

Is there any way to open those .sqsh files? If so I could probably just copy out the apps that i want from that package into the newer one.
Hmm, odd... I'm not having a problem, although I just stuck it out with the one and added the experimental tidbits around it. To answer your question - it's another yes & no here. You could theoretically unsquash the files (squashfs tools), make some changes and squash the files and changes into a new squash file... However it will be anything but straight forward to unsquash the files, then attempt to amalgamate the programs from one into the other and then make a new system.sqsh file from the resulting mish-mash - that might make the stability worse.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:11 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Unsquashing the files shouldn't be a problem -- can be done from windows without too much trouble. Just find a set of squashfs-tools that works. I believe it uses version 3.3, as version 4 can't be decompressed by the kernel.

But if you want to resquash, you'll need a linux environment, because there's no way to make the changes from windows without trashing the file permissions.

I think there's some tricky things with Calendar.apk and/or CalendarProvider.apk, so just copying them out and sticking them in AndroidApps or data.img won't solve the problem; but I'm not sure, and if you've got the time and inclination, it's probably worth a shot.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:24 AM
Lurker

nukedathlonman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
I think there's some tricky things with Calendar.apk and/or CalendarProvider.apk, so just copying them out and sticking them in AndroidApps or data.img won't solve the problem; but I'm not sure, and if you've got the time and inclination, it's probably worth a shot.
Agreed that there is something a bit tricky with it. I haven't unsquashed either file, but I did use unsquash to see what in each system.sqsh file. I do see Calendar.apk & CalendarProvider.apk in /root/apps of each sqsh file... So it is present in the newer one... Hmm, I wonder if Android is disabling it because it doesn't think it can display correctly on our RAPH800's? Could be another problem too that I don't see off hand - I'll have to poke around some more later today.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Lurker

s3cr3t is a n00b

Hmm if thats the case maybe then we'd need to bump the video setting in startup.txt to 240 again.

Quote:
Agreed that there is something a bit tricky with it. I haven't unsquashed either file, but I did use unsquash to see what in each system.sqsh file. I do see Calendar.apk & CalendarProvider.apk in /root/apps of each sqsh file... So it is present in the newer one... Hmm, I wonder if Android is disabling it because it doesn't think it can display correctly on our RAPH800's? Could be another problem too that I don't see off hand - I'll have to poke around some more later today.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Lurker

nukedathlonman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3cr3t View Post
Hmm if thats the case maybe then we'd need to bump the video setting in startup.txt to 240 again.
it's possible - I've got a little bit of time right now, so I'll update and hack at it a bit.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Lurker

nukedathlonman is a n00b

Quote:
it's possible - I've got a little bit of time right now, so I'll update and hack at it a bit.
Nope, my startup.txt files were already set to that...Looked around a bit, and I saw on xda-developers that most people got it working by resetting the data.img file. So, I backed mine up and deleted it to start from scratch... Blamo, it shows up. So the data.img file from the previous release doesn't work - reset that, and your good to go.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:01 AM
Lurker

s3cr3t is a n00b

Sweet, I'll give that a shot when i get a chance. Thanks dude.

Quote:
Nope, my startup.txt files were already set to that...Looked around a bit, and I saw on xda-developers that most people got it working by resetting the data.img file. So, I backed mine up and deleted it to start from scratch... Blamo, it shows up. So the data.img file from the previous release doesn't work - reset that, and your good to go.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux