PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: USSC

robertwhamm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
LOL yes, this is what they mean by Settings>System>Backlight...

Are those directions in the first post really not clear enough!?! I'm being serious, if they need to be changed we should change them. I just felt they were clear enough, and your description below is pretty much what you described above, just with some additional hand-holding...
Well I am not seeing any directions in the first post other than saying to turn off the backlight. And fumbling through the already annoying windows mobile and touch flow 3D settings trying to find the proper tab for backlight it just got a little annoying, so yes if you would like to append the 4 easy hand-held steps to the original post it may help someone as retarded or half retarded as me.

with that being said I now say....

lol

=D>
Old 05-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertwhamm View Post
Well I am not seeing any directions in the first post other than saying to turn off the backlight. And fumbling through the already annoying windows mobile and touch flow 3D settings trying to find the proper tab for backlight it just got a little annoying, so yes if you would like to append the 4 easy hand-held steps to the original post it may help someone as retarded or half retarded as me.

with that being said I now say....

lol

=D>
Yea, after looking over the first (I guess second) post, the directions aren't there at all really.. Makk just said to turn off the automatic backlight control. Eh, I guess it could be more clear but whatever.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mcss is a n00b

Just added latest kernel and rootfs. Phone is acutally cool to the touch while running android and it seems like the battery is draining very slowly!
Old 05-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ccrabbe is a n00b

Just so there's another record of it happening, somewhere in the process of updating everything, I had a reoccurance of what happened earlier in the thread (to arrrrgh maybe?) about the "physkeyboard=raph" setting in startup.txt getting changed to "physkeyboard=" which made it so that the colon, semicolon, and single- and double-quote keys in the keyboard were swapped around. Setting it back to "physkeyboard=raph" fixed it like a charm. Anybody figured out when that line gets changed?

Last edited by ccrabbe; 05-21-2010 at 06:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Bell Mobility

nukedathlonman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcss View Post
Just added latest kernel and rootfs. Phone is acutally cool to the touch while running android and it seems like the battery is draining very slowly!
Thats awesome to hear! I managed to get just under 8 hours out of that charge, and spent a good portion text messaging and the 1/2 minute youtube clip. So I've got my phone all charged up again, but rebooted it with an additional command line "pm.sleep_mode=0". It supposed to be one of the more aggressive sleep modes...Might help, might not... I think it's worth a shot though...I'll let you know where I end up.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrabbe View Post
Just so there's another record of it happening, somewhere in the process of updating everything, I had a reoccurance of what happened earlier in the thread (to arrrrgh maybe?) about the "physkeyboard=raph" setting in startup.txt getting changed to "physkeyboard=" which made it so that the colon, semicolon, and single- and double-quote keys in the keyboard were swapped around. Setting it back to "physkeyboard=raph" fixed it like a charm. Anybody figured out when that line gets changed?
I thought it was just me being retarded dude.... crap, it wasn't me then? I dunno. Were you screwing with your startup.txt?
Old 05-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Lurker

spector1987 is a n00b

any hope for froyo?
Old 05-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by spector1987 View Post
any hope for froyo?
In due time... only the SDK for application development has been released, patience.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ccrabbe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I thought it was just me being retarded dude.... crap, it wasn't me then? I dunno. Were you screwing with your startup.txt?
I think I'd only ever opened it once, and that was long before installing the 3/31->5/12 workaround AIO... this happened after that install. Weird.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
[REQ] Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

64 pages is a lot to read thru. Can we have the thread archived and have actual info posted with links to archive please? I would like to find out if everything is working yet like gps without going thru the thousands of posts.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux