PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

JW_Nerd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Just tried this out today... I must say it is pretty cool. I have one question is there a way to get it to synch with my exchange calendar? I have the contacts and e-mail but I really miss my calendar.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

LoneSnark is keeping up the good workLoneSnark is keeping up the good work

This is quite spectacular. It seems to work fine on my raph older stock sprint rom. Thanks be upon everyone that helped make this possible!
Old 04-15-2010, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW_Nerd View Post
Just tried this out today... I must say it is pretty cool. I have one question is there a way to get it to synch with my exchange calendar? I have the contacts and e-mail but I really miss my calendar.
1) Setup a Gmail account.
2) Sync your device with gmail while in windows mobile mode.
3) Start Android and everything will be there.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:29 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Is that true for data that was originally synced to the device from an exchange server? I've never used exchange for anything, so I have very little to contribute on this topic. But that seems like a less than perfect way to sync something that changes often, like a calendar. Whether directly syncing exchange calendars works, though, I have no idea.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell Touch Pro, Telus P5310 (NEON400)
Carrier: Bell, Telus

88fingerslukee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Generally i would just drop in the new zimage and modules. Only if it doesn't work would I trash the data.img. It's pretty rare that it would be necessary.

There is something with the initial data setup that seems to be causing reboots. It's been that way for a while. Does the system seem stable since you've gotten past that point?

As for the battery, I expected it still to be wrong, I was just curious how wrong. That seems to be within the margin of error we had before -- at least it's not going back to reading 5% or 100% all the time.
It is stable after getting past the initial data stage, for sure. Just a little disconcerting when you first start setting it up and it constantly reboots on you.

The battery is kinda all over place. While it's charging and you use it the battery meter fluctuates. Last night I left it on and unplugged and Android shut down and rebooted back to WM (due to a battery shutdown) but WM had a ton more battery reading left. It's like Android reports it way lower than it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW_Nerd View Post
Funny, I wasn't having this issue, but now I am. I've fixed my contact problem but now I have this. I'll work on it. to fix my contacts I exported the whole list from Outlook to a Windows CSV file, deleted the contact list and re-imported, then removed the account from the phone and re-synced. I might try this with the calendar too. But yes, the calendar, for me, was working just fine.

Last edited by 88fingerslukee; 04-15-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:24 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I doubt the reboot into Windows was due to the battery. Unexplained kernel panic, more likely. Battery would just cause a shutdown, and you'd have to turn it on again manually.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell Touch Pro, Telus P5310 (NEON400)
Carrier: Bell, Telus

88fingerslukee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
I doubt the reboot into Windows was due to the battery. Unexplained kernel panic, more likely. Battery would just cause a shutdown, and you'd have to turn it on again manually.
Right, except that whenever I shut this phone down from Android it reboots instead. If i press and hold End and then select 'Shut Down', it should not turn on again, but it does. Unless this is a known issue.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:42 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

It is. Shut down worked for a while, but then stopped working (would hang in mid-shutdown). Since it couldn't be fixed (or, at least, not by anyone working on this project), it was replaced with reboot, which was not similarly afflicted.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

Anyone know what causes a startup animation loop? A few days ago the windows wait icon popped up while trying to launch Dual-Boot and phone froze. Since then Android goes into the startup animation for a while, then it freezes for a couple seconds before restarting the animation. Updated some of the files but it didn't change anything. Figured a complete re-build should work, but don't really want to start over with everything if anyone knew of a fix...

Oh, and hey, I'm back, miss me?
Old 04-15-2010, 11:06 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Hiya chrialex; nice seeing you again.

Startup animation loop means something is crashing in the Android boot procedure. Probably a corrupt database or something. Fresh data.img will do it... checking logcat, mounting the data partition and deleting whatever seems to be causing the offense might also do it, but damn is that log hard to read, so I wouldn't put much hope in that option.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux