PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 03:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

bechard is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Hey guys,

My CDMA TP with the latest ASOP is still going great. Marketplace works, as does everything else. Just waiting for that CDMA GPS resolution. I don't suppose anyone has heard anything?

Looks like the kernel and rootfs folks have been quiet for a couple weeks now, but hopefully soon we'll have some Android GPS goodness on our CDMA devices.

Thanks again to the big thread contributors.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

they are working on it but most of the devs are on gsm not cdma so develpment is going slow. last i heard though they were getting data for gps on cdma, just need to clean it up so hopefully soon!
Old 06-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

blockheadrecords is a n00b

I have the latest android 5-11 on my tp, and im a noob as you probably can tell but the question i have is, how can I get better video quality. I love android being playing with it a few days but still no luck in getting better video quality. im sure this questions been asked before. any advise, thanks in advance.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

now since our camera doesn't work i'll assume that by video quality, your referring to youtube being so buggy? 3d works on our devices so picture quality is actually really good (compared to older phones with less resolution). however bugs are being worked out still. the youtube issue is a know problem that is on the list of things to fix somewhere.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

blockheadrecords is a n00b

ok, it makes sense, still working out the bugs. so i guess i should have asked was, what can i do about the stuttering while playing youtube or any videos? again i am new to Android and think I am in love, just want to watch videos a little better. overall Im happy with it and look forward to future developments.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

now if im not mistaken the 2.0.1 build has youtube working properly. might be worth checking out.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP with Twisted Access 1.5
Carrier: Alltel but not for long

hessien is keeping up the good workhessien is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post

I had an insufficient storage available error with the market, I just deleted my data.img and tried again... works now. What error are you getting?
When I go to the downloads tab on marketplace I gt the following error:

"Sorry, the application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
Old 06-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

update al files. delete data. make sure everything is fresh and new and try again.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:37 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

On the subject of GPS -- bzo was in the irc channel today saying he had it working in the preliminary stages. No code added to the repo yet, and I think he said it was constantly reporting that he was traveling at 150mph, so it's not perfect, but there is movement.

On an entirely different subject, one of the users here (Weapondrift) moved on to the Incredible, and sent me his old RAPH500 (VZW Touch Pro) to see if I'd have any luck with it. I haven't really torn into it yet, but I have hope that that old bugaboo might finally fall sometime soon, too.

So, no promises, but there's a chance for good things to be coming down the pipe soon.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

sweet!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux