PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

nukedathlonman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3cr3t View Post
Sweet, I'll give that a shot when i get a chance. Thanks dude.
Other things - I don't know if it's due to using the bleeding edge stuff I've also upgraded or not (the kernel image, the init image), but my phone is no longer heating up like it was (charger on or off) and I'm getting alot longer battery life with bluetooth enabled and my ear peice paired up. Can't say for sure how much as of yet as the battery gauge is still not reliable, although it's more reliable then it was. I'm presently over 5 hours on this charge and the battery gauge has not dropped below 50% as of yet. I can enable GPS, although it's not functioning (at least it's not crashing the phone either).
Old 05-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Good to hear! Looks like I need to update, I'm not sure this MJGDroid Util is working or not...
Old 05-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Lurker

nukedathlonman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Good to hear! Looks like I need to update, I'm not sure this MJGDroid Util is working or not...
Dunno off hand - I haven't used that util. But I do have further good news. The better battery milage I'm experiancing I'm quite suprised to say that performance has gone up. I can now play low-res YouTube video's. The only cavit is the screen does lot of flashing - but that's still a big step forward in that area (I tried it out last week, and it was most certainly a no go). Given the progress of this port, and all the hard work of the dev's, I will be making a contribution of funds next week (payday) - my phone has an extended warranty, so I'll be using it for at least one more year - hopefully with Android. I do know this for sure, my next phone will be an native Android phone.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro / Android

s3cr3t is a n00b

Hmm, after i deleted data.img im getting the 15+ min nexus one animation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukedathlonman View Post
Nope, my startup.txt files were already set to that...Looked around a bit, and I saw on xda-developers that most people got it working by resetting the data.img file. So, I backed mine up and deleted it to start from scratch... Blamo, it shows up. So the data.img file from the previous release doesn't work - reset that, and your good to go.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Try running a build from 3.31 or earlier. If it boots, grab that data.img that it built and overwrite the data.img you have in your current (newer) build. That should fix it.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Lurker
Carrier: USSC

robertwhamm is a n00b

Hi I downloaded the "easy" install from post 1 and then put the files in the andboot folder and I am now on the yellow,blue,green and red "X" animation, it speeds up and slows down like its doing something, just didn't know how long it should be doing this? It's been more than 5 minutes now.

I have a US Cellular CDMA HTC Touch Pro

Thanks

EDIT: I am attempting the work around for this now just noticed it in the first post.

Last edited by robertwhamm; 05-21-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Lurker

nukedathlonman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3cr3t View Post
Hmm, after i deleted data.img im getting the 15+ min nexus one animation.
Odd... I was doing all kinds of experiments with the older release (used for the work around), I then cleared my SD card, installed the earlier rease to do the work around (installed the prior release, booted it up, skipped everything, rebooted back into WM, installed the newer release, booted it, then back to WM), then I backed up and blew away the data.img - it took 5 minutes to boot that 2nd time. But at that point all the apps showed up for me. Then I started using experimental kernels and what not once again.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Carrier: USSC

robertwhamm is a n00b

So I have gotten the newest install working but I can't figure out the screen brightness. My Windows mobile doesn't have an option in the settings>system>backlight so I can't adjust it in there an when I start android the brightness is fine but when I press the end key, which I am assuming is the equivalent of a lock button, the screen goes dim and will only come back on bright for a split second when I press the lock button again. I found this tool...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=652983

to disable the dim feature on windows mobile but I am having problems with it saying I dont have a version of .net framework to support it, but I dont know if that is actually the problem until I change some things in the registry.

Any other way to fix the back light issue?

EDIT: I may have found the fix for my case...

1. From the Home screen, slide to the Settings tab.
2. Under the System tab, tap Power.
3. Tap the Backlight tab.
4. Set the backlight brightness settings to a desired setting.

Last edited by robertwhamm; 05-21-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertwhamm View Post
So I have gotten the newest install working but I can't figure out the screen brightness. My Windows mobile doesn't have an option in the settings>system>backlight so I can't adjust it in there an when I start android the brightness is fine but when I press the end key, which I am assuming is the equivalent of a lock button, the screen goes dim and will only come back on bright for a split second when I press the lock button again.

EDIT: I may have found the fix for my case...

1. From the Home screen, slide to the Settings tab.
2. Under the System tab, tap Power.
3. Tap the Backlight tab.
4. Set the backlight brightness settings to a desired setting.
LOL yes, this is what they mean by Settings>System>Backlight...

Are those directions in the first post really not clear enough!?! I'm being serious, if they need to be changed we should change them. I just felt they were clear enough, and your description below is pretty much what you described above, just with some additional hand-holding...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro / Android

s3cr3t is a n00b

I actually managed to figure it out, i just downloaded the latest kernel + zimage + rootfs, dropped em in, deleted data.img again and it worked. I 'spose the hard way isnt really that hard after all..

Last edited by s3cr3t; 05-21-2010 at 05:29 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux