PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 11:24 AM
owilsky

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLui View Post
It could be your startup txt from what it sounds like.
I took the RAPH800 one and tried even the default one and the one from the RAPH folder. Is the file case sensitive? I have uppercase STARTUP.TXT in the root of my sd card.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO
Carrier: Sprint

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

no that shouldnt matter... its gotta be one ove your files that isnt working correctly... see if u can switch around the files that should work. when u downloaded these files did u rename them??? like the zimage.. it tells u zimage. blahblahblah.. rename it to just zimage also for the modules thats what i do and it seems to work very well.. let me kno ill attach some files for you
Old 03-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quik05 View Post
Thanks for the quick follow up mapaz, I rebooted a few times and the market seems to be working now, every thing else now seems to be ticking like a swiss watch, well except the bt and camera but ill take stability over features any day

No prob... I am currently still testing the builds to see which ones are the best at this time and the most stable. (MAKK's IS STILL THE MOST STABLE IVE FOUND!!! THANKS MAKK!!!)

I failed to leave my TP on the charger last night and had it booted into Android so you know what that means... Had to come to work today without my phone

So... the status of the testing I was doing with the different modules/imgs/sqush has been halted on my end because I dont have a test unit (This is when I wish I had 2 TP's, 1 for personal and the other for testing, ohhh welll...)

None the less... I will continue to post my findings.

LET ME REPEAT: IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR STABILITY YOU NEED TO USE MAKK'S RELEASE, I HAVE FOUND IT TO BE THE MOST STABLE.
IF YOU ARE JUST STARTING TO "PLAY" WITH BUILDS, AGAIN, USE MAKK'S RELEASE, IT IS THE EASIEST TO USE AND SET UP (since it is mostly pre-configured so you dont have to mess with APN's or anything really, just load and go)

Thanks MAKK... Thanks to all devs out there, without you, my phone would... just be a phone.

EDIT 1: Owilsky... try the startup file that I posted here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...04276&page=150
its toward the middle of the page. unzip and place in the root of your sd. This should work. This is the file I use to boot any of these builds and has not failed me yet... Let us know what you find so we can help you further if needed.

Last edited by mapaz04; 03-14-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Addressing the issue with STARTUP.txt
Old 03-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey map,

I downloaded the files from makk, and the system sqsh put them together and it works fine everything does even battery lol.. but when i go into like the sytem network itll sit their for abit ill click the back button n it reboots.. I have the 800 running blackstone
And for some reason this build that i have going on is more stable then the xd one ?? a lil weird
Old 03-14-2010, 12:06 PM
owilsky

Quote:
no that shouldnt matter... its gotta be one ove your files that isnt working correctly... see if u can switch around the files that should work. when u downloaded these files did u rename them??? like the zimage.. it tells u zimage. blahblahblah.. rename it to just zimage also for the modules thats what i do and it seems to work very well.. let me kno ill attach some files for you
No, I did not rename anything. The filename is zImage with capital I. Everything is as it is in the 7z file, including the case.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Hey map,

I downloaded the files from makk, and the system sqsh put them together and it works fine everything does even battery lol.. but when i go into like the sytem network itll sit their for abit ill click the back button n it reboots.. I have the 800 running blackstone
And for some reason this build that i have going on is more stable then the xd one ?? a lil weird
You may have to change the modules and zImage to get your network deal working right... I posted the link before (sorry, dont exactly remember where, page 150?) for the ones I have currently, those seem to have the best effect for the WIFI and more stability. I have not gone back to the modules site however and tested any newer ones, right now, the package I have (mixmatch package) is the most stable that I have tested but, since it is with the "BLACKSTONE" build, I dont doubt that there are going to be things that may not work correctly on our phones, or things that after a couple of boots will surface. I still stick to the statement that MAKKS build is the MOST STABLE for our phones.

IT HAS BEEN TRIED AND TESTED AND STILL COMES OUT ON TOP!!! --THANKS MAKK

I only started trying the other builds trying to add more to hamac's configs and that is how I stumbled on the 1.9 version. So far so good, as you have stated, it does "FEEL" stable... But there is still lots more testing to do with it before you can really call it "STABLE."

Like stated, try the module I posted a bit back, you should see a change on that freeze you are getting and... to be honest, I have not had my phone reboot on its own with those files... Post your results and let us know if it worked. I dont have my TP, otherwise, id still be updating on other builds... I HATE THIS MAN!!! I AM ATTACHED TO MY TP... I miss it...
Old 03-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by owilsky View Post
No, I did not rename anything. The filename is zImage with capital I. Everything is as it is in the 7z file, including the case.
Try this, take the files out of the folder ANDBOOT and just place them directly into your ROOT of the SD card. (it will look like a mess but...try it). Make sure you have the right startup and try again. See if this helps... just a thought...
Old 03-14-2010, 12:13 PM
owilsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapaz04 View Post
EDIT 1: Owilsky... try the startup file that I posted here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...04276&page=150
its toward the middle of the page. unzip and place in the root of your sd. This should work. This is the file I use to boot any of these builds and has not failed me yet... Let us know what you find so we can help you further if needed.
Thanks for your help. It did not help. So I guess it really is not the startup.txt's fault.
Do I have to rename the modules file? It is "modules-2.6.27-00970-g582027ac.tar.gz" at the moment...
Old 03-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by owilsky View Post
Thanks for your help. It did not help. So I guess it really is not the startup.txt's fault.
Do I have to rename the modules file? It is "modules-2.6.27-00970-g582027ac.tar.gz" at the moment...
Alright, first question... is this from the build MAKK has posted or is this your own experimentation? I ask because MAKKs build should boot up with no issues...

If you downloaded the modules file separately, then that is your issue, you have to "unzip" the files as the actual module and new zImage is INSIDE the file you downloaded, once you extract this, rename the zImage.XXX.XX.XX to just zImage. LEAVE THE MODULES FILE ALONE! DO NOT TAKE OFF THE XXX.XX.XX at the end.

Let us know...

EDIT 1: Also, the zImage HAS TO BE THE ONE THAT CAME WITH THE modules... It will not boot if you mixmatch these files, at least, that has been my experience...
Old 03-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

The modules fine that way... check the zimage. If its neither you will need to look around for the right modules and zimage that will start up your phone... whats all the files that you got going on in the sd card?? if u have multiple modules and images then it deff will not start up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux