PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO (Raph800)
Carrier: Sprint

greatname is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

I have a Raph800 (HTC Touch Pro) on Sprint. I am using a 16G SD Card /andboot/. This is the second time this has happened.

It works great for about a week and then during boot it gets stuck in the Animation Logo screen. I have been using the shutdown VS the reset button, to prevent this from happening again, but no luck.

What can I do to get this to load all the way?

Or at least debug where it is getting stuck. I tried the Haret in the debug folder but all I get is a bunch of junk, the file never has any readable text in it ( and yes I have looked through the whole file).

UPDATE: Maybe this will help. After waiting about 40min on the animation logo screen, I found that the root of the SD Card was filled with about 350 .REC files.

Thanks,

G

Last edited by greatname; 09-05-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatname View Post
I have a Raph800 (HTC Touch Pro) on Sprint. I am using a 16G SD Card /andboot/. This is the second time this has happened.

It works great for about a week and then during boot it gets stuck in the Animation Logo screen. I have been using the shutdown VS the reset button, to prevent this from happening again, but no luck.

What can I do to get this to load all the way?

Or at least debug where it is getting stuck. I tried the Haret in the debug folder but all I get is a bunch of junk, the file never has any readable text in it ( and yes I have looked through the whole file).

UPDATE: Maybe this will help. After waiting about 40min on the animation logo screen, I found that the root of the SD Card was filled with about 350 .REC files.

Thanks,

G
The .REC files can be deleted as far as I know. (I thought the build was updated to stop creating those a while back???)
Old 09-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO (Raph800)

greatname is a n00b

I am using the All-In-One Package dated 7-14-2010. If there is a newer build of the All-In-One, then I would love a link.

Do you know why the .REC files are being created?
Old 09-06-2010, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The main thread for the XDAndroid project is at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=711692

If I remember correctly, Makkonen got the Touch Pro up to speed with the rest of the development and there wasn't as big of a need to have a separate build anymore. Correct me if I am wrong Makkonen?

As far as those files, earlier builds would create those for some reason pertaining to startup/shutdown, but as the devices were not shutting down correctly anyways, they were not needed. Newest build has shutdown working, and there has been a good amount of other changes since July as well.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

The .rec files are created from FSCK disk checks performed on the linux file system.

You can delete the files, or add the line "rm -f /sdcard/fsck*.rec" to your froyo.user.conf file in the CONF directory. It goes in at the end of the file, in the "custom_shells{" section. I think it runs on the startup of Android, deletes all of those files.

I don't know if that was added into any builds, maybe an AIO somewhere...
Old 09-06-2010, 05:07 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yup, arrrghhh has it covered on the .REC files. It's good that the filesystem check happens whenever you boot, just in case, but the output of it is almost invariably useless, so those files aren't needed. Delete them manually or automatically and don't worry about 'em.

And, yeah, chrialex, you're about right. There's really not much difference between the CDMA and GSM builds at this point -- if I put together a new AIO, it'll just be me grabbing all the newest packages, making sure the right configuration files are included (i.e. raph500, raph800, diam500, rhod400, and rhod500 startup.txts), making sure it boots, and... well, that's it. I rarely even boot up the Diamond or the raph500 anymore (and I sold off the raph800, the TP2, and the vogue), so I wouldn't be doing much testing.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work

It looks like the all in one package is already made.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=732362
Old 09-06-2010, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc incredible and a diamond
Carrier: cricket

4218kris is just getting started

someone help us get this working for us please...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=773798&page=6

psfreedom for android ps3 exploit!! yayy!!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yeah, I know, just thought about it for the people that don't know where the other items are and/or too lazy to go other places and grab them. Was thinking just throw one together every couple months or big updates or whatever.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Yup, arrrghhh has it covered on the .REC files. It's good that the filesystem check happens whenever you boot, just in case, but the output of it is almost invariably useless, so those files aren't needed. Delete them manually or automatically and don't worry about 'em.
Perhaps this should go in the FAQ, with the automatic method documented... or just give 'em the file to make it easy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux