PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

x2 i am a huge fan of lumos and run it on every rom. never had it interfere with xdandroid.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: Sprint

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Clearly. Thanks for all the debug work, mj41374, arrrghhh, and hamagc (and anyone else I've forgotten). There's a pretty big change between 3-31 and 5-7. The build process for the Android system (system.sqsh) has completely changed from a sort of patchwork to a build off the AOSP sources. I saw one person's logcat from a phone that was looping, and it seemed to have to do with the ConnectivityService and getPersistedNetworkPreference. What this means, I have no clue (except that it sounds like it's got to do with having uninitialized network preferences on first boot... maybe).

I just noticed in the RHOD package by ReeferMattness that there's a file that has to be in the /sdcard/cache folder. I'm not sure what, if anything, that has any bearing on, but is another thing to look into.

What's weird is that for some people, the 5-07 and 5-11 seem to work out of the box. (Is this true?) There's at least one, and possibly many, pieces of the puzzle yet to be put in place. Wish I could be more help in debugging.
Sometime in the boot it copys the build.prop from the system.sqsh to /sdcard/cache try deleting that folder inbetween attempts to fix it. My theroy is that it dosn't clean up so it keeps a 'broke' build.prop (from my experence messing with the ASOP packages)
Old 05-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Lurker

ZachAJ is a n00b

Deleted data again, marketplace works now. Thanks!
Old 05-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Lurker

deftonessss is a n00b

is there a way to change the hardware button assignments. my d-pad is not working and i would like to use a side buttons for back and home buttons
Old 05-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raphael

Noah Vail is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj41374 View Post
try using the AIO-2010-03-31.7z file first. Boot up the phone using that version and go through the screen calibration and get through the Google initialization ...

Then shutdown and download the 2010-05-11.7z AIO package (first post). Without removing or renaming *anything* on the sdcard, extract the 2010-05-11 files/folders and replace any duplicate files (merging all folders)
I am complying - in full - with your instructions sir.
Will return and report.

Will also be grateful to no longer be trapped by the loopy X thing.

NV
Old 05-13-2010, 01:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raphael

Noah Vail is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
I never had a problem with Lumos and the backlight. It was the internal WinMo backlight control that would cause problems.
I had assumed that Lumos was overriding the internal WinMo Backlight Control, in order to do it's thing.

I'm running one of EchoMatics Haze ROMs. I'll go pecking around in there, for the WinMo control.

The direction is appreciated.

NV
Old 05-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

socialsavant is a n00b

T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Vail View Post
This is where I've been stuck for a while. Holding down the End Key doesn't bring up a shutdown menu.

Pressing the End Key seems to be a Right-Arrow command. Holding it down sometimes repeats the Right-Arrow Command - sometimes does nothing.

I need to exit back to WinMo because Lumos was monitoring my launched apps. I'm trying to get Lumos to exempt itself from grabbing control of the backlight; when Android is launched.

Thanks for an amazing product.

NV
Honestly, it sounds to me like your capacitive touch is dirty or otherwise not working. One problem the TP always had was the unreliability of the capacitive touch keys. If your not careful, hitting the "back" or "end call" buttons can easily be interpreted as a "right arrow" keypress.

Other than that, I can't speak much about Lumos, as I have no experience with it.
with a more efficient means for going backwards.
--Aldous Huxley (early 20th century writer)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-13-2010, 09:32 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I'm still not sure why some are getting that looping X. That fix leaves a lot to be desired as well. A fix is a fix, don't get me wrong...

I ran the 5/11 build in its own folder - no data.img, no calibration, nothing. Just download, extract, run haret.exe. Worked perfectly. Wish I could recreate this.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:05 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

did you delete your cache folder for that trial?
Old 05-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok i'm going to test this out too. making no changes to any of the files and using only the files in the pkg.

i will be wiping my card for this to go with a full clean install.

ok clean install on clean mmc.

using the default startup.txt provided in package (default one in root, not out of startup folder.)

everything on root of card, no andboot folder.

testing....

ok looks like bootloop for me. going to give it a minute and reboot and test with startup.txt from startup folder.

testing....

another bootloop. editing startup.txt to remove hidden characters (boxes that replace line down).

testing...

another bootloop. replaceing startup.txt back to original, replacing zimage and mods with latest from http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/

testing...

froze during boot. last line is allocated dma buffer at ffc0b000, dma_addr 25 241000, rebooting.

testing...

rebooted, no changes to system, booted to animation... bootloop. replacing rootfs.

testing...

bootloop! new rootfs, new zimage and mods = bootloop! testing with edited startup.txt

testing...

bootloop with new rootfs, zimage and mods, and startup.txt. perplexing... testing further...

Last edited by hamagc; 05-13-2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: testing

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux