PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 01:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Roguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Is it ok too leave the phone on the charger while booted into Android? Seems like it gets pretty hot.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:00 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I do; sometimes it gets quite hot, sometimes it doesn't.

It might not be the best thing for the battery, but I don't think it'll burn up the phone.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor

Got the wallpapers and ringtones down pack

is there a fix or something I can do for a delayed call ?

When people call it just vibrates for about 10 seconds with a black screen the finally the screen shows who's calling and my ringtone plays but by the time that happens I missed a call :/

Old 04-04-2010, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

debarron is keeping up the good workdebarron is keeping up the good workdebarron is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
This generally happens when the media scanner hits a file it can't parse (due to non-standard characters in the file name, most often). I wonder if something in the aio package is tripping it up.

The easiest fix is to make sure there's nothing else on the SD card, if possible, and then make a new data.img. I don't know a way to make the media scanner run again after crapping out, so I've had to start from scratch.

There's instructions here for how to make the media scanner re-run. (It's one line of code.) Anyone want to try their hand at wrapping it up into a little applet/apk? I have no idea how to do it myself.

Or maybe check to see if there's something in the market that does the same -- I wouldn't be surprised.

Yup -- sdrescan. Disregard the last 2 paragraphs. Give that a shot. I don't know how well it works, since it's scanning correctly for me.
Thanks for the response Makkonen! Before I read your post I renamed some of the folders from all uppercase to all lowercase to see if that was causing it since linux is case-sensitive. Some of them ended up like that after I extracted the AIO package, of which included the andboot, media and some subfolders. When I read your post, I recalled having an eclair.conf~ in the config directory so I thought it might not be liking the ~. Before I removed that file I went ahead and tested it with the folders renamed and it worked! I tried that with the 3/19 package but I must've missed a folder somewhere. Oh well...it's working great for me now!

Last edited by debarron; 04-04-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hopefully htc touch pro
Carrier: metropcs

SeanNoxious is a n00b

Quote:
Everything from that should also apply to the RAPH800. Chrialex said it just worked for him without setting anything, so be sure to give that a try. phh pushed a change to the RIL code that might cause it to get the PPP authentication settings from the APN data, so give that a try, too (those changes haven't made it to the RHOD400 RIL yet, AFAIK). Otherwise, use the instructions from gmfeny's link.
This was in response to a response made about my original question. It's pretty difficult for me to keep up with this because there is not a dedicated metropcs thread for either the touch pro or touch pro 2 android port but i am tryign to read through all the fragmentation. From what "i read" in the other thread, it offered suggestions but there were no definitive A) use these settings B) data works, I understand it's still in dev and the metro information is getting set aside because of it's limited userbase. I posted a reply in the other thread and will report back and hopefully update the wiki with definitive how to settings. So i'm going to go **** around with this while i actually have time to do it right now and get back to you guys.

Is anyone in this thread currently involed with the dev side of this port? I would love to get involved i have programming experience and phone hacking/development experience. I think that maybe if we could get a pseudo diagnostic winmo native rom and find out what and how winmo uses the camera and gps ..etc it would make the port of those features easier. Though, these are judt ideas coming from no knowledge base of the port or how the roms and cooking them actually works.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Hey if you're a dev, go try and help out! Post over on XDA, but I know they also hang out in #htc-linux on freenode.

There's a ton of info over on XDA to help with the development, but a lot of it is outdated... so I recommend visiting the chat rooms to see what you can contribute.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:16 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'm somewhat involved in the dev side. Check out #htc-linux on freenode for dev chatter. I don't think you'd get much out of a custom WinMo ROM... most of the device exploration is done with HaRET and the haretconsole (good docs here, but a lot of the functions are not clear to me, being far from an engineer).

That and adding tons of debug info to the linux drivers are the tools we have to track down where the problems are. It's not the most efficient method, but we're stumbling towards more functionality.

There's always room for more people looking at code and helping out. I can point you in some of the right directions, but can't do much as regards GPS or camera, specifically.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hopefully htc touch pro
Carrier: metropcs

SeanNoxious is a n00b

Quote:
I'm somewhat involved in the dev side. Check out #htc-linux on freenode for dev chatter. I don't think you'd get much out of a custom WinMo ROM... most of the device exploration is done with HaRET and the haretconsole (good docs here, but a lot of the functions are not clear to me, being far from an engineer).

That and adding tons of debug info to the linux drivers are the tools we have to track down where the problems are. It's not the most efficient method, but we're stumbling towards more functionality.

There's always room for more people looking at code and helping out. I can point you in some of the right directions, but can't do much as regards GPS or camera, specifically.

I personally don't care about those functions specifically just want to contribute to making this a dedicated rom possibility. My own personal issue with android now is to get data working but that's more carrier specific then it is the rom thaks for the advice I believe I am some what more on your level as i am learning still but i'm sure i could help if even just a little will join the irc in a minute.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

brooklynstar220 is a n00b

Hey is there a way to get the Sprint Picture Mail running on this. I already know I cant take pics but I want to be able to receive them. If someone already posted this I'm sorry cuz I couldnt find it. And thanks to everyone who contributed to this cuz this is pretty cool.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:22 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

For some reason, MMS reception doesn't work. Not even the link to the picturemail, as you'd get with older phones. I'm not sure why this is the case. MMS is broken in all the xdandroid packages, for GSM and CDMA... but sprint does that link thing, and it should still work -- but it doesn't. I guess it's possible that Touch Pros are specially provisioned for the Picturemail App, and thus work differently.

Short answer: No MMS receiving. Sending works, if you manually fix the settings. (Not much good since, as you mentioned, you can't take pics.)
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux