PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: Sprint

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropZone9540 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; XDANDROID Build/ERD72) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Anyone know if there's a wi-fi tether that will work with this build. Its the only thing keeping me from using it all the time.
Dude seriously, this was answered on this page! right here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibrushn View Post
Dude you didn't wait for the EVO??????
Yeah I could have but 1) I live in SE-Kansas so wimax wont be here for atleast another 1 or 2 or 3. 2) im a broke college student so I probably couldn't afford it yet anyways. 3) I'm a premere customer so i can upgrade in a year.

Altho i'm sure the evo is going to be sweet.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm20 View Post
Yeah I could have but 1) I live in SE-Kansas so wimax wont be here for atleast another 1 or 2 or 3. 2) im a broke college student so I probably couldn't afford it yet anyways. 3) I'm a premere customer so i can upgrade in a year.

Altho i'm sure the evo is going to be sweet.
Gotcha I'm in an area that should get 4g by the end of the year so I'm on pins and needles. I've played with the moment and it's a pretty awesome phone in its own right and with 2.1 it'll be even better
Old 04-03-2010, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

debarron is keeping up the good workdebarron is keeping up the good workdebarron is keeping up the good work

Anyone have a problem with none of the audio/notification sounds showing up? I've had this issue on the last two AIO packages. Tried the 3/31 AIO package last night and had the issue still. If I go to the settings to select a notification sound, the only thing that shows up is Silent. The .ogg files are there under the media directory but it doesn't seem to be seeing any of them.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Roguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No problems here. I can see them, along with all the other ringtones I have on my phone for WinMo as well. I think it reads em out of the Ringtones directory on my sdcard as well.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Kevets is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by debarron View Post
Anyone have a problem with none of the audio/notification sounds showing up? I've had this issue on the last two AIO packages. Tried the 3/31 AIO package last night and had the issue still. If I go to the settings to select a notification sound, the only thing that shows up is Silent. The .ogg files are there under the media directory but it doesn't seem to be seeing any of them.
I think I had that problem today with a clean install. My phone was quiet all day but I know there were notifications sent. I didn't try to fix it so I can't comment on a fix.

I did not have this problem on the the previous AIO release, just the 3.31 version.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor

I have came to the conclusion that Android is better then Windows Mobile

Old 04-03-2010, 10:30 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by debarron View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevets View Post
I think I had that problem today with a clean install. My phone was quiet all day but I know there were notifications sent. I didn't try to fix it so I can't comment on a fix.

I did not have this problem on the the previous AIO release, just the 3.31 version.
This generally happens when the media scanner hits a file it can't parse (due to non-standard characters in the file name, most often). I wonder if something in the aio package is tripping it up.

The easiest fix is to make sure there's nothing else on the SD card, if possible, and then make a new data.img. I don't know a way to make the media scanner run again after crapping out, so I've had to start from scratch.

There's instructions here for how to make the media scanner re-run. (It's one line of code.) Anyone want to try their hand at wrapping it up into a little applet/apk? I have no idea how to do it myself.

Or maybe check to see if there's something in the market that does the same -- I wouldn't be surprised.

Yup -- sdrescan. Disregard the last 2 paragraphs. Give that a shot. I don't know how well it works, since it's scanning correctly for me.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Roguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Any reason the led around the dpad light up when the screen is off?
Old 04-04-2010, 01:00 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That's the sign that the phone is in power collapse mode. It's just a little debugging info. It's a good thing.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor

Where do I go to put and set custom ringtones ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux