PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 05:33 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

I don't really know what the state of the ExtUSB audio connector is. I know some effort has been put into the headset connection, but I don't think it's functional at this point. Ironically, I believe it's accessible on the Rhodium, but the Rhodium has no audio that it can route to it.

MrPippy just disappeared a month ago. I don't think anyone knows why. He was definitely carrying the weight for CDMA.

And I understand the feeling on flailing around. I've got a pretty good sense of the overall structure now, but all the specifics and the actual nuts and bolts code... not really something that's easy to get your head around. (Especially if you have no training in C.)

As far as GPS on RHOD400/500, I gather that the difference is that they report NMEA data on /dev/smd27, whereas cdma diam/raph don't even have that device. I guess that data might need to be accessed via RPC. (I could be totally wrong on all this. It's just what I've picked up from skimming the discussion on #htc-linux.)
Old 05-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

GeeCee is a n00b

Not having much luck with the latest AIO.. it just sits at the booting animation (four color cross), occasionally stopping, but the animation then starts again. Might using FAT versus FAT32 make a difference in this regards? I had to use my android microsd card for something else recently and ended up formatting it to FAT32.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:12 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Using the latest zImage/modules from here might help. I used one from here, and it seems to be giving a few people trouble. I'll be putting together a new package soon...ish.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Using the latest zImage/modules from here might help. I used one from here, and it seems to be giving a few people trouble. I'll be putting together a new package soon...ish.
Can we include the MJGDroid Utility in your AIO? I think a lot of the problems with people needing to update would disappear....
Old 05-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

mjg only runs in winmo correct? is there anything avail that can update it in android?
Old 05-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

also has anyone seen a working version of swype on our devices yet?
Old 05-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
mjg only runs in winmo correct? is there anything avail that can update it in android?
Problem is, Android is accessing those files. Just like when you update the kernel in a full-blown Linux installation, you have to reboot (one of the rare times you do HAVE to reboot with Linux updates...)

So how would you update these files within Android? Simple answer is you can't directly. Perhaps if something was written to download the new stuff, put it in waiting until the OS can reboot & use the new files... It's simpler to just do what this guy did and write a WinMo app
Old 05-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

lol true. i was thinking along the same lines. puts the new files in a temp directory until the next reboot when it replaces them.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

well for poop and giggles i updated again to the latest.

it def looks like the battery has improved quite a bit. i'm not seeing the usual drain but i've been on and off the charger quite a bit too. i'll know more tonight when i'm away from the charger and using my phone more.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
well for poop and giggles
I heard it's bad to mix those two.

Quote:
it def looks like the battery has improved quite a bit. i'm not seeing the usual drain but i've been on and off the charger quite a bit too. i'll know more tonight when i'm away from the charger and using my phone more.
I agree. It's not quite where I'd like it to be, but I keep forgetting we're running this whole damned thing off of our SD cards! Probably doesn't help drain.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux