PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

oranges311 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

hey guys i downloaded the all in one and unzipped it and put the andboot onto the root of my sd card. but when i ran the Haret.exe the little laser x thing ran on my phone but thats all it would do was repeatedly make that start up image. i found the past like 2 pages back saying to try the latest Zimage or something but idk what that means. do any of you know what i should do? im just tryin out the Android on the touch pro so if someone could tell me some of the basics also id appreciate it alot

Last edited by oranges311; 05-10-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

josh90265 is a n00b

oranges311,
I got that X thingy running on my touch pro for a minute or so, then it boots into Android. Did you give it some time to load?

AND...

Android sucks for battery life on my TP! Anything that can be done about that?
-> Maybe being able to load just into Android from boot? Not sure if this can be done.

Thanks to all that made this possible, been great checking out the Android OS.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell Touch Pro, Telus P5310 (NEON400)
Carrier: Bell, Telus

88fingerslukee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh90265 View Post
Android sucks for battery life on my TP! Anything that can be done about that?
Try reading some of the posts in the thread or searching the thread for "battery life" before posting. Regardless, I'll save you the time right now:

Battery life is bad with Android on our Winmo-native HTC devices. It's even worse when you compare our CDMA TPs to the GSM versions. People are working on it but apparently there is a fraction of one person working on the CDMA variety (the value of said fraction: unknown...hopefully close to one). That means that developments for our phones come out later and with less consistency than GSM.

Quote:
-> Maybe being able to load just into Android from boot? Not sure if this can be done.
This has nothing to do with battery life but it also can't be done yet. Besides the fact that the OS port is unfinished and buggy, it relies on Winmo to initialize some (all?) of the drivers for the phone to work. Booting from NAND requires that the drivers be entirely correctly written for proper initialization and usage. We just aren't there yet.

The options right now are to:

a) test it out, decide that you can't live without your GPS, camera and lag and go back to Wimmo

b) use it regularly and install the DualBoot program to autoboot from your SDcard.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:46 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Some, not all, of the drivers, I would say. Some have robust drivers that would work from boot already. I think. I hope.

Just posted a new AIO package; hopefully no more boot looping. Added the MJG Droid Util, but it might be unable to download new kernels, since glemsom's old site is no longer updating, and only the beta site has the newest ones. Oh well.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

michaelm718 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Some, not all, of the drivers, I would say. Some have robust drivers that would work from boot already. I think. I hope.

Just posted a new AIO package; hopefully no more boot looping. Added the MJG Droid Util, but it might be unable to download new kernels, since glemsom's old site is no longer updating, and only the beta site has the newest ones. Oh well.
Just tried the new package and I couldn't get passed the set up screen. It kept looping when I entered my log in information and there was no way to pass that. Just giving you a heads up. Thanks for the package though
Old 05-11-2010, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell Touch Pro, Telus P5310 (NEON400)
Carrier: Bell, Telus

88fingerslukee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm718 View Post
Just tried the new package and I couldn't get passed the set up screen. It kept looping when I entered my log in information and there was no way to pass that. Just giving you a heads up. Thanks for the package though
This is a common bug with the setup. If you just cancel out of the setup screen and let it sit for a bit it will be fine.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

hotwired34 is just getting started

I just downloaded and I am having the same boot up issues. It gets past the touch screen calibration and goes into the 'X' animation...but then just loops from there. I left if for over 5 mins and never got to a usable interface. Any ideas?
Old 05-11-2010, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hotwired34 is just getting started

Tried running the MJG Droid Util first and launching from there...no help. Still stuck in 'X' loop.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrialex View Post
I have seen it turn off the screen before, usually it is when the light for the End Call button and another one stuck on. I can usually get it to work by running my finger over the back button enough to have it switch off the light for the other one and turn on the light for it, then it works.

ok so i tried this as mentioned. did not work.

when my dpad goes out, it all goes out. the call button stops working, the back button, the menu button. no lights come on when i touch, and the center button does not work.

happened again lastnight after i deleted my data.img. doesn't look like anything sets it off as it happens at random and i am pretty much required to reset. the home button (top left) still works and so does volume but nothing on the bottom.

curious i gave the end button a new function (home then sleep), when i pressed it it did nothing. when i put it back to just sleep, the end and back button put the phone to sleep again.

when i press the call, center button, or menu button, it does recognize that a button was hit. if i am on my home screen, it will highlight an icon and move between the screens.

totally stumped on this one.

but some good news. full charge lastnight when i got home. phone lasted from 5pm until 11:30pm when it completely died. this was with fairly heavy usage (building new data.img, setting settings again, installing apks, browsing internet, a few applications, lots of time on games).
Old 05-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwired34 View Post
Tried running the MJG Droid Util first and launching from there...no help. Still stuck in 'X' loop.
You need to UPDATE with the MJG Droid Util... then run it. So hit 'menu' then 'update' and update your build!!! Then run it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux