PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 11:59 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

deflon: try this rootfs, and tell me if it suffers from the same reboot issues:

http://xdandroid.southcape.org/rootf...25-da5eb46.zip
Old 04-01-2010, 01:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: MobiPCS

deflon is a n00b

After replacing rootfs and deleting data.img I got a reboot. I'm retrying just to see if maybe the first one was a fluke.

2nd attempt rebooted instantly as well.

Last edited by deflon; 04-01-2010 at 01:44 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:32 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

OK. How about:

http://xdandroid.southcape.org/rootf...19-e728f01.zip

If that one reboots, then I'll be baffled... but it's just one change between the two, and that change is enabling PPP authentication. As I said before, the unfortunate fact is that it's needed for data to work on carriers that ...do authentication. (Not surprising.)

I don't know the best way to debug the error. First attempt would be to start up (with a non-rebooting rootfs), put in the data according to this thread on ppp on TP2, and then replace the rootfs with the newest one and see if it still locks up.

..Oh. Actually, I think that data is stored on the rootfs, not the data.img... so that doesn't really help you. Hmm.

Of course you'd need to find your own login data also. And I'm not really sure what the status of that whole thing is, so that might be a waste of time and a useless rabbit hole.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:37 AM
Lurker

deflon is a n00b

No its not useless Makk, I'll just go right off the bat and say my carrier uses pap/chap AAA authentication and I have the credentials to login as well. According to the AAA server, whenever I attempt a data call with Android, the A12 service is detected but the PPP is never initiated which seems to be the problem.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:44 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Great. Sounds like you know more about ppp than I do.

What baffles me is that for the USCC (US Cellular) people (or at least some of them), enabling authentication in the RIL caused their connections to start working... without them actually having to enter any authentication information. Nothing in pap-secrets or chap-secrets, nothing in the APN (I'm not sure the ppp agent can read user/pass from the APN yet, so that might be moot). Clearly, whatever's going on, I don't know what it is.

OK, new, slightly less boneheaded idea. Old rootfs (with no data) -> Start up, put the phone in airplane mode. New rootfs (that's been causing reboots) -> Start up, hopefully the airplane mode keeps it from immediately rebooting, put your login info in pap-secrets, chap-secrets, and options.smd1 as instructed in the linked thread, turn off airplane mode, and hope it doesn't go back to rebooting.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:52 AM
Lurker

deflon is a n00b

I'm giving it a go right now, and yes the rootfs that you last linked me is the most current working one out of all that is available. I'm just as baffled as you are that with PPP patched in to the rebooting rootfs, I should be expecting the adverse effect instead of the actual effect. Anyway I'll report back as soon as I've completed the instructions in your post and once again, many thanks.

Last edited by deflon; 04-01-2010 at 04:11 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:30 AM
Lurker

deflon is a n00b

Makk thanks again for pointing me to that link i finally got data to work! However, I could only apply it to the 3/19 rootfs which does not reboot for me. This rootfs build (prior to the ppp settings) would get me the 3G icon but thats as far as I would go. Not sure if this is worth anything but whenever I use any rootfs past 3/19, my phone boots as soon as the 3G icon attempts to show up with or without ppp settings in place. Thats all for now and I can finally go to bed happy.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Lurker

deflon is a n00b

Ahh i spoke to soon...... Well I did make some progress as I was able to finally establish a ppp session but I think as challenges occur during the session I am getting these errors:

INBOUND>>>>> 04:24:11:660 Eventid:25000(0)
PPP Rx PDU (69)
LCP 69: Prot-Rej(139), Rejected-Protocol=unknown-0x00db (0x00db)

This is probably due to authentication not being enabled in this build of the rootfs....

Last edited by deflon; 04-01-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

daprospecta is a n00b

Hey guys just want to say thanks for answering my last question so fast. But i got two more if you can find time

1. I have the 3/19 release and I wanted to install the new one(but I'm at work) and I was wondering is there anyway I can download the new release on my phone in WinMo and extract the Andboot folder to my SD Card?

2. I saw some talk about Bluetooth A2DP possibly working on the new xda release or something like that but it kinda fizzled before I saw a definite answer, anyone have a definite answer?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprospecta View Post
Hey guys just want to say thanks for answering my last question so fast. But i got two more if you can find time

1. I have the 3/19 release and I wanted to install the new one(but I'm at work) and I was wondering is there anyway I can download the new release on my phone in WinMo and extract the Andboot folder to my SD Card?

2. I saw some talk about Bluetooth A2DP possibly working on the new xda release or something like that but it kinda fizzled before I saw a definite answer, anyone have a definite answer?

Thanks in advance
#1, you can download it but extracting it may be more difficult... I'm not sure how to extract .tar.gz files in WinMo, maybe someone can chime in on that issue... Or Google it, see what's available.

#2, they said it was fixed but don't expect it to work perfectly. Or at all. I don't remember if anyone tested A2DP, but like I said I saw that it was fixed in the newest build. Test it out, let us know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux