PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 07:09 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Alright, alright, let's not go crazy. Truth is, I haven't contributed anything to the codebase in at least a month. I just answer questions in this thread -- and usually I can do that without even booting up (...which, in turn, is usually because the question has already been asked in the last 180something pages, but I digress).

I'm uploading a new package based on the latest xdandroid. Gimme feedback if it's got any showstopping bugs (I didn't see any). I forgot to put the usb_function_switch command in before I compressed it, so if you need adb functionality, add
echo 2 > /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/usb_function_switch
to the custom_shells{} section of eclair.user.conf.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So for the first time in for FOREVER my android is syncing w my comp!!!!

Edit 1: So it found the hardware and it labeld it smartphone! HAs anyone had any luck w the comp finding the hardware??

Last edited by LuckyLui; 03-31-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

lol but makk, you have made this possible for us. though you haven't had to do much lately, when the time comes, you might not be here for us and i know little to nothing on coding this stuff. not to mention almost nothing can be done for this via windows which kicks me out alltogether. i can't put linux on my work computer which is where 99% of my posts in this forum come from.

we're just saddened to see you move on without us is all

but with any luck, any new developements that come up for the tp1 will be the same for the tp2 (and vice versa) so i expect developement to continue onward anyways (with your help of course).
Old 03-31-2010, 07:45 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Was going back a few pages to see if anyone had had specific problems with MetroPCS and the latest RIL (rootfs from the last 3 days or so... has anyone?). I noticed a few questions that got missed in the shuffle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguefoxx View Post
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to add new wallpapers to this? I tried adding wallpapers to the "media\resource" directory where I saw some other wallpapers but they don't show up when I try to change wallpapers.
I think the way android deals with wallpapers internally is strange. Even on official devices, if you switch away from the default, you can never get it back, and there are other strange issues. In addition, I think the media scanner only runs once on our devices, and thus if you want to add new wallpapers, you need a fresh data.img (or figure out a way to run the scanner again).

The other option is to use the 'backgrounds' application from the market (I hope I'm not getting that name wrong). Free, downloads a lot of pretty good generic backgrounds, and can take over the background switching functions. I don't recall if it has the ability to read them off of the sd card, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflon View Post
LuckyLui - I did more testing and I believe my issue is with rootfs. I can't find one post AIO build that works so I'll stick with the AIO. However, I'm stuck with no data..... cheers
Hmm. Try the latest one I'm about to post. You might be having the same problem that TP2 MetroPCS users are, though -- their systems are just rebooting on startup with the new RIL changes. Unfortunately, it's possible that the changes that are causing the reboots are the same ones you would need to enable data. So you might be stuck with the old rootfs for a little while.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Roguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for the reply makkonen.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

endless82 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapaz04 View Post
Alright, went back to 210... EVERYTHING IS RUNNING AS IT SHOULD!!! I am not able to replicate the issue with the 210/240 deal people are having... Went back to 210 and downloaded replica island (another demo), it has installed and I am running it right now...

I DONT SEE THE ISSUE??? CANT REPLICATE!!

hamac... I dont think the issue with your cell position having anything to do with the 210/240 issue... I cant even replicate the issue...
The issue is facebook and myspace I believe. They will not show up in the marketplace due to the res. 210 is compatible, whereas 240 is not. Spent like 20 minutes going nuts cause of that. Everyone said to just put 210 in the startup to fix it. Tried that, android starts in 210 but marketplace didn't register the change, and thus facebook was not there. After dumping the data.img and rebuilding it worked like a charm.

The 210/240 issue was talked about bout 10 pages or so back.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless82 View Post
The issue is facebook and myspace I believe. They will not show up in the marketplace due to the res. 210 is compatible, whereas 240 is not. Spent like 20 minutes going nuts cause of that. Everyone said to just put 210 in the startup to fix it. Tried that, android starts in 210 but marketplace didn't register the change, and thus facebook was not there. After dumping the data.img and rebuilding it worked like a charm.

The 210/240 issue was talked about bout 10 pages or so back.

Idk if you tried this but if u go a couple pages back I have the facebook.apk file their.. what you do is put it inside ur androidapps folder and it will show up on ur android menu...
Or just grab that whole android file from the page and put it in ur setup.. let me know how it goes
Old 03-31-2010, 09:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

endless82 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLui View Post
Idk if you tried this but if u go a couple pages back I have the facebook.apk file their.. what you do is put it inside ur androidapps folder and it will show up on ur android menu...
Or just grab that whole android file from the page and put it in ur setup.. let me know how it goes
Thxs, but I use ac commander to install apps. Also enjoy the screen res at 210 over 240. I've found just updating roofs/Zimage and leaving the data in place, at times causes me odd problems no one is experiencing.

Once I delete the data and rebuild it, I get a better feel for what's going on. Hence the reason I use ac commander, few seconds and all my apps are back. Don't mind going threw the initial setup process, takes a min or so.

Got a question, the Zimages from Balsat Android page without debug info. What exactly is going on with that? I did notice I get into Android faster, and to this point haven't found any reason not to use it. Just curious as to the difference between the two are. Thxs.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP

aleet is a n00b

When starting Android, I see the "X" animation screen, so 3D is suppose to work? I downloaded Live wallpaper, but how can I use it? When I change wall paper, only static picture is available.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:45 PM
Lurker
Carrier: MobiPCS

deflon is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post

Hmm. Try the latest one I'm about to post. You might be having the same problem that TP2 MetroPCS users are, though -- their systems are just rebooting on startup with the new RIL changes. Unfortunately, it's possible that the changes that are causing the reboots are the same ones you would need to enable data. So you might be stuck with the old rootfs for a little while.
You're right Makk, I just tried your AIO and sure enough reboots within minutes. I copied over the 3/19 (pre RIL changes I believe) rootfs only to your package on my phone and no instant reboots but no data either.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux