View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 07:45 PM
makkonen
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Was going back a few pages to see if anyone had had specific problems with MetroPCS and the latest RIL (rootfs from the last 3 days or so... has anyone?). I noticed a few questions that got missed in the shuffle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguefoxx View Post
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to add new wallpapers to this? I tried adding wallpapers to the "media\resource" directory where I saw some other wallpapers but they don't show up when I try to change wallpapers.
I think the way android deals with wallpapers internally is strange. Even on official devices, if you switch away from the default, you can never get it back, and there are other strange issues. In addition, I think the media scanner only runs once on our devices, and thus if you want to add new wallpapers, you need a fresh data.img (or figure out a way to run the scanner again).

The other option is to use the 'backgrounds' application from the market (I hope I'm not getting that name wrong). Free, downloads a lot of pretty good generic backgrounds, and can take over the background switching functions. I don't recall if it has the ability to read them off of the sd card, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflon View Post
LuckyLui - I did more testing and I believe my issue is with rootfs. I can't find one post AIO build that works so I'll stick with the AIO. However, I'm stuck with no data..... cheers
Hmm. Try the latest one I'm about to post. You might be having the same problem that TP2 MetroPCS users are, though -- their systems are just rebooting on startup with the new RIL changes. Unfortunately, it's possible that the changes that are causing the reboots are the same ones you would need to enable data. So you might be stuck with the old rootfs for a little while.