PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Unaufhaltsam is keeping up the good workUnaufhaltsam is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Unaufhaltsam Send a message via Yahoo to Unaufhaltsam Send a message via Skype™ to Unaufhaltsam
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprospecta View Post
Hey guys just want to say thanks for answering my last question so fast. But i got two more if you can find time

1. I have the 3/19 release and I wanted to install the new one(but I'm at work) and I was wondering is there anyway I can download the new release on my phone in WinMo and extract the Andboot folder to my SD Card?

2. I saw some talk about Bluetooth A2DP possibly working on the new xda release or something like that but it kinda fizzled before I saw a definite answer, anyone have a definite answer?

Thanks in advance
The AIO on the first post is in 7zip format. You could download that one.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:20 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprospecta View Post
Hey guys just want to say thanks for answering my last question so fast. But i got two more if you can find time

1. I have the 3/19 release and I wanted to install the new one(but I'm at work) and I was wondering is there anyway I can download the new release on my phone in WinMo and extract the Andboot folder to my SD Card?

2. I saw some talk about Bluetooth A2DP possibly working on the new xda release or something like that but it kinda fizzled before I saw a definite answer, anyone have a definite answer?

Thanks in advance
Give klinux's espresso system a try. It will probably be unusable on most levels, but A2DP supposedly works. I don't know what's involved in backporting that to 2.0.1. Clearly it's not simple, or it'd be done already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflon View Post
Ahh i spoke to soon...... Well I did make some progress as I was able to finally establish a ppp session but I think as challenges occur during the session I am getting these errors:

INBOUND>>>>> 04:24:11:660 Eventid:25000(0)
PPP Rx PDU (69)
LCP 69: Prot-Rej(139), Rejected-Protocol=unknown-0x00db (0x00db)

This is probably due to authentication not being enabled in this build of the rootfs....
Dang. I woke up seeing the email that 'it works', now this.

I guess we should start getting some real debug info on this. Set up ADB and get a logcat -b radio that runs right up until the reboot. (I don't know if there's a concise set of instructions to install that. I think I wrote one up, but don't think it's here. Short version: download the sdk and install the tools. The rest pretty much works these days, with some caveats.)

We'll need to fix up ramconsole and get the log of the kernel panic, as well. That might be helpful to MrPippy, who's been putting in the heavy lifting on the RIL and the kernel.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

@makkonen - Since you're really good with the kernel side of the Android system would you happen to know the memory map for it? The vogue guys posted a NBH generator but you need to have the memory addresses for everything. The bad part is I've stumbled accost it before when looking for tips on BT/Camera stuff but I can't seem to find it again. I have A TP that I can play with flashing with as long as it doesn't brick it.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:24 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That I can do. Raphael Memory Map. There might be a few things that are not correctly noted there for RAPH800 vs RAPH100, but everything important is in place.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

makkonen,
I've searched through the thread and installed andboot from the AIO pkg on 2 different reformatted sd cards and I still can't get Android to boot.

The error message looks like

Bad magic-number in super-block while trying to open /dev/block/loop0
The super-block could not be read or does not describe a corrupt ext
blah
blah
blah
mount: mounting /dev/block/loop0 on /data failed: Invalid argument
Failed to mount /data
/bin/shi can't access tty; job control turned off

Then I see a flashing command prompt
Old 04-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ohhhh an nbh for android?!? as in flash to nand nbh?!??
Old 04-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

is the new AIO package laggy and slow for anyone else? i did make the 240->210 change, but that shouldn't make a difference should it?
Old 04-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Almost a VIP

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
is the new AIO package laggy and slow for anyone else? i did make the 240->210 change, but that shouldn't make a difference should it?
Tom
Are you modifying the startup.txt from /andboot or using the one from \andboot\STARTUP CONFIG\RAPH800?
Old 04-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
makkonen,
I've searched through the thread and installed andboot from the AIO pkg on 2 different reformatted sd cards and I still can't get Android to boot.

The error message looks like

Bad magic-number in super-block while trying to open /dev/block/loop0
The super-block could not be read or does not describe a corrupt ext
blah
blah
blah
mount: mounting /dev/block/loop0 on /data failed: Invalid argument
Failed to mount /data
/bin/shi can't access tty; job control turned off

Then I see a flashing command prompt
Still sounds like a card problem. How are you reformatting the card? I know peoples have had a lot of good luck with the HP card format tool... Sometimes cards get partitioned (not sure how) and that can screw up things as well.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Still sounds like a card problem. How are you reformatting the card? I know peoples have had a lot of good luck with the HP card format tool... Sometimes cards get partitioned (not sure how) and that can screw up things as well.
I was using Panasonic SDFormatter v2.0 but I guess I'll switch to HP card format and see what happens.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux