PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

I'll have to test... I did get an SMS earlier but no vibe. I'm not sure if I have that turned on in Android tho...
Old 06-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

also it appears that deepsleep is still broken after gps. trying to get a dmesg to phh to look at, do you want one too makk?
Old 06-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Tips and Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Dual Boot
Now that most things work without initialization, the Gen.Y Dualboot app is a nice compliment to the Android installation. It short circuits the Windows Mobile boot and allows you to automatically boot HaRET without having to wait for WinMo to finish booting. It's not a true dual boot solution, but it's pretty slick.

Logs for debugging
Download debug.zip from this post. Extract it to your sd card (i.e. into a folder called /Storage Card/debug/).

Then, after a crash, when windows boots up, go into /Storage Card/debug/ and launch haret.exe, then immediately quit. A file should appear in your debug folder called dmesg.txt. This file is the kernel log from the previous android session. It starts off with a bit of junk, and then has the messages the kernel has spit out during your session.

The file's a bit messy, so you have to be a bit of a detective. Take note of the timestamps. If you have booted into android multiple times without fully shutting down the phone, it could write a new log over an old one, and wherever the new one ends, you'll start seeing the old data. (Generally between the new data and the old data there will be a jump in timestamps.)

These logs might give you a hint as to what's causing your system to crash.
makk i'm trying to get a dmesg log for phh and when i do these steps it gives me a dmesg file with:  è‚ ÈT„ ( Ž x Ž  
…  è‚ ÈT„ 0 Ž À Ž  
…  è‚ ÈT„ 8 Ž Ž  
…  è‚ ÈT„ @ Ž PŽ  
…  è‚ ÈT„ H Ž ˜Ž  
…  è‚ ÈT„ P Ž Ã*Ž  
…  è‚ ÈT„ X Ž (Ž  
…  è‚ ÈT„ ` Ž pŽ  
…  è‚ ÈT„

crap in it. what am i doing wrong? i can see it if i use the terminal emulator in android. how do i save that?
Old 06-14-2010, 08:16 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

is that the whole file, or just the first part? ramconsole might've gotten moved again, but it was having a weird issue where the beginning of it was getting overwritten with junk, but the rest was fine.

But you only really need ramconsole if you're debugging after a crash. If you're just trying to show what happens when you put it into sleep mode, you can just open up a terminal and do
Code:
dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt
(You'll probably need to use the software keyboard to make the bracket key)

Then you can use adb to copy that file off... or email it from the phone... or post it with tapatalk (I was just playing with the xda app in the new system -- man, is tapatalk awesome or what?)... or reboot and copy the dmesg.txt to your computer.

Also, that map live wallpaper looks really neat -- though it's the only thing I can imagine of to actually ramp up the ridiculous battery drain of live wallpaper even higher. ("Yeah, it constantly updates your screen. With data from the GPS. And images it downloads over the network. Enjoy!")
Old 06-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Makk, maybe I am still doing wrong. I used the terminal emulator. Didn't give me a soft kb. I tried for hours lol to get the > on the hard kb. No go lol. And ya the whole dmesg is like that.

Still no word on the wallpaper. Do we have live ones working yet? The app installs but doesn't show in the menu. Its in the installed apps though so I dunno.

Sent from my AOSP on XDANDROID MSM using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2010, 08:48 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

oh, right, that terminal emulator doesn't bring up the soft kb. you could get better terminal emulator, but I think it's been removed from the market. or you could use pterminal -- this might be the one thing that it's good for.

Or you can make a file called dumpdmesg.sh (in WinMo or on your computer), containing just the line 'dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt', open a terminal emulator, and then just go to where you saved the shell script, and type ./dumpdmesg.sh.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Ok ill try that then. Thanks makk!!!

Old 06-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Oh ya the tapatalk is amazing! I can't wait till swype works now. Almost forgot that.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Ok makk tried it just as you said with ptrrminal
dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt

Common sense tells me its saved to the card. I don't see it with root explorer.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: android
Carrier: carrier

androidphone is a n00b

Does the speaker phone on touch pro work? I enable the speaker phone during the call, but could not hear anything. Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux