PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 05:33 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Did you say where exactly it freezes up? Right after 'loading linux' goes away? (Sorry, too lazy at 4:30am to go check.) If so, my strong suspicion would be that it lies in the mach_type/mtype definition, which is in the startup.txt. But you say you've checked that, so I'm sort of stumped, too. (Maybe try other startup.txts, even if you know they're wrong, to see what happens.)

I trust that if we kept at it, we could figure out what was wrong. Computing technology is still deterministic (...as I have to keep telling myself). But I also can totally understand throwing your hands up in frustration and giving up.

Edit: Yes. You did say. While I was writing. Even though it looks like I can't read, I swear I can.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc incredible and a diamond
Carrier: cricket

4218kris is just getting started

i still havent got the data working for cricket anyone have any it working?
Old 06-20-2010, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell Touch Pro, Telus P5310 (NEON400)
Carrier: Bell, Telus

88fingerslukee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Did you say where exactly it freezes up? Right after 'loading linux' goes away? (Sorry, too lazy at 4:30am to go check.) If so, my strong suspicion would be that it lies in the mach_type/mtype definition, which is in the startup.txt. But you say you've checked that, so I'm sort of stumped, too. (Maybe try other startup.txts, even if you know they're wrong, to see what happens.)

I trust that if we kept at it, we could figure out what was wrong. Computing technology is still deterministic (...as I have to keep telling myself). But I also can totally understand throwing your hands up in frustration and giving up.

Edit: Yes. You did say. While I was writing. Even though it looks like I can't read, I swear I can.
Is there a possibility that his WinMo installation is messing with Haret? Perhaps something got "jack'd up!" and Haret doesn't know how to get beyond it? It's a long shot, but maybe a hard-reset?

What's funny is that I'm on Bell, in Vancouver, running SKI-ROM and can (and have been able to for about 3-4 months now) run Android no problem. I should drive over to HotSauce's house,show him my TP running Android and yell "neener neener!"

Anyway, I'm still fuzzy on HOW exactly haret works so I'm not sure if winmo even impacts it.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
This is f'ing stupid. Running haret STILL keeps freezing my phone. I'm using the latest AIO, I'm using the right startup.txt, and I've re-downloaded the AIO and re-tried many times. I'm going to backup my SD card, then put andboot back on and see if that works. If that doesn't, then **** it because I'm out of ideas.
Try creating a file earlyharetlog.txt in the same directory as haret.exe

haret.exe should then create haretlog.txt which possibly can shed more light on what is going on.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
The bar fills up full then boom, frozen.
That's almost certainly a startup.txt issue as others have pointed out...

With that said, I'm not aware of anything within WinMo that would prevent Android from booting. But there's a first time for everything... It's an extreme long-shot, but have you tried hard resetting the device so WinMo is wiped clean? Or flashed another ROM? I know it sounds stupid, but it's worth a shot. It would also rule that piece out
Old 06-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

shiverz26 is a n00b

what about formating the SD card?

EDIT** I went back and look at the responses to Hotsauce's posts and it was mentioned before to format or try a new SD card but he never acknowledged if he had done this responses to other suggestions are there but omits the SD card suggestion from what i can see, has this been tried? I apologize if i missed something.

Last edited by shiverz26; 06-20-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

new system uploaded today with hw3d built in and voice search.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

HotSauce is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to HotSauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88fingerslukee View Post
Is there a possibility that his WinMo installation is messing with Haret? Perhaps something got "jack'd up!" and Haret doesn't know how to get beyond it? It's a long shot, but maybe a hard-reset?

What's funny is that I'm on Bell, in Vancouver, running SKI-ROM and can (and have been able to for about 3-4 months now) run Android no problem. I should drive over to HotSauce's house,show him my TP running Android and yell "neener neener!"

Anyway, I'm still fuzzy on HOW exactly haret works so I'm not sure if winmo even impacts it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
Try creating a file earlyharetlog.txt in the same directory as haret.exe

haret.exe should then create haretlog.txt which possibly can shed more light on what is going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
That's almost certainly a startup.txt issue as others have pointed out...

With that said, I'm not aware of anything within WinMo that would prevent Android from booting. But there's a first time for everything... It's an extreme long-shot, but have you tried hard resetting the device so WinMo is wiped clean? Or flashed another ROM? I know it sounds stupid, but it's worth a shot. It would also rule that piece out
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiverz26 View Post
what about formating the SD card?

EDIT** I went back and look at the responses to Hotsauce's posts and it was mentioned before to format or try a new SD card but he never acknowledged if he had done this responses to other suggestions are there but omits the SD card suggestion from what i can see, has this been tried? I apologize if i missed something.
Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I formatted my SD card yesterday, ran haret.exe and it worked! But now I'm trying to run it again today and it's still freezing! So I'm stumped. But I'm not quite prepared to do a hard reset or flash a new ROM just to see if Android works. Could it still be the startup.txt if it haret works one time, but keeps freezing after? I have a RAPH 800, and I'm using the one from the RAPH 800, startup config folder.

If anyone has any other startup.txt files for the RAPH 800, I would like to try them. I'll also post my startup.txt for you guys to look at.

And I'll make that earlyharetlog.txt file and post the log file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt STARTUP.TXT (247 Bytes, 4 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: txt haretlog.txt (6.6 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

SKI-ROM Sense 2.1, 123009
New Sashimi User
What I look for in a ROM: Stability, Speed, Easy To Use

Last edited by HotSauce; 06-20-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Kevets is becoming a great contributor

Almost kinda sounds like your card may be failing.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Updated Build. Seems to have fixed the setup loop for me, Don't know if any others had this issue or it was because my TP is deactivated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babijoee
  • Updated build.prop
  • Updated Launcherpro to latest
  • Added libspeech for voice search support
  • Added 3D driver for 3D support
  • Removed Advanced Task killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by babijoee
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags