View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 11:20 AM
88fingerslukee
PPCGeeks Regular

88fingerslukee is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Did you say where exactly it freezes up? Right after 'loading linux' goes away? (Sorry, too lazy at 4:30am to go check.) If so, my strong suspicion would be that it lies in the mach_type/mtype definition, which is in the startup.txt. But you say you've checked that, so I'm sort of stumped, too. (Maybe try other startup.txts, even if you know they're wrong, to see what happens.)

I trust that if we kept at it, we could figure out what was wrong. Computing technology is still deterministic (...as I have to keep telling myself). But I also can totally understand throwing your hands up in frustration and giving up.

Edit: Yes. You did say. While I was writing. Even though it looks like I can't read, I swear I can.
Is there a possibility that his WinMo installation is messing with Haret? Perhaps something got "jack'd up!" and Haret doesn't know how to get beyond it? It's a long shot, but maybe a hard-reset?

What's funny is that I'm on Bell, in Vancouver, running SKI-ROM and can (and have been able to for about 3-4 months now) run Android no problem. I should drive over to HotSauce's house,show him my TP running Android and yell "neener neener!"

Anyway, I'm still fuzzy on HOW exactly haret works so I'm not sure if winmo even impacts it.