PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLimits View Post
The GPS shows my location decently its when I go to click on the location within the app to "check-in" that it crashes. I am not sure why. I am sort of in a war with some of my coworkers with this application. Its a bit nerdy I am aware lol
Hrm... I guess I'm just not 'cool' enough to get it

Like I said, never used it. Don't really have a use for it. Not much of a 'social networker' myself tho, so that may be a big part of it. I don't think I've logged into my Facebook account in at least a year...

LOL looks like 2007 was the last login to my FB account. Awesome.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

BrokenLimits is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to BrokenLimits

Well if you get a spare moment to integrate that java app into the newest version like that post you sent me I would appreciate it.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLimits View Post
Well if you get a spare moment to integrate that java app into the newest version like that post you sent me I would appreciate it.
It should make it into the newer builds. Not sure why it hasn't yet... Other than it's just not on the dev's radar.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BrokenLimits is a n00b

Well now mine has a lot of trouble waking up from deep sleep haha. That's what I get for messing with it. I am pretty excited about this build. I will stay on my SERO plan for life.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Lurker

hyuga is a n00b

Running 2.2 AIO for over a week, on and off. Loving it. I switch to WinMo when I will not be able to charge the phone in hours.

Anyone having trouble using handsfree bluetooth? I am able to pair just fine. The devices connect just fine as well. I am even able to initiate a call from the handsfree and the phone dials just fine. But, once the call starts, it is not working through the handsfree. I can listen and talk using the phone itself. Audio is not routed through the handsfree.

In WinMo, this sometimes occurs (maybe a certain older custom ROM, do not remember), but I could toggle handsfree on the phone and then it audio would go through the handsfree. I do not see an option to do this in Android. Anyone had better luck?
Old 07-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuga View Post
Running 2.2 AIO for over a week, on and off. Loving it. I switch to WinMo when I will not be able to charge the phone in hours.

Anyone having trouble using handsfree bluetooth? I am able to pair just fine. The devices connect just fine as well. I am even able to initiate a call from the handsfree and the phone dials just fine. But, once the call starts, it is not working through the handsfree. I can listen and talk using the phone itself. Audio is not routed through the handsfree.

In WinMo, this sometimes occurs (maybe a certain older custom ROM, do not remember), but I could toggle handsfree on the phone and then it audio would go through the handsfree. I do not see an option to do this in Android. Anyone had better luck?
Please, PLEASE read the first three posts. It's not laid out in as many words as you describe, but this is a WELL known issue, which is documented in post #2 I believe.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Lurker

hyuga is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Please, PLEASE read the first three posts. It's not laid out in as many words as you describe, but this is a WELL known issue, which is documented in post #2 I believe.
I had read the first page, but thought the issue described was not my issue.

There is this note: "Bluetooth - Turns on, detects, pairs, but audio (and A2DP) apparently does not work"

I thought it was referring to A2DP audio or music playback. But that does indicate no audio at all, in or out, which is the issue that I am having.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuga View Post
I thought it was referring to A2DP audio or music playback. But that does indicate no audio at all, in or out, which is the issue that I am having.
That's the exact problem. Makk I don't believe ever tested it himself (I never use BT either) so that's why his language is intentionally vague. It should probably be updated with some stronger language more accurately describing the problem.

However, search is also your friend. I guarantee there's at least 50 posts in this thread that talk about the exact same issue you describe with BT.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker

superflysocal is just getting started

I think I figured out why it is slow on mine. The sd card it is on contains tons of pics. So I believe that it is constantly trying to process thumbnails for these pics, thus slowing the system down.

at one point, i get an error message that says that android.process.media (or something like that) closed unexpectedly, and then the system is much faster after that.

So is there a way to close this process permanently upon startup?
Old 07-24-2010, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BrokenLimits is a n00b

I guess the only applications I want to use crash the phone. I was trying to use Wordwise free which I believe is the equivalent of words with friends on the iphone and it crashes when I go to make a move.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux