PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yitzter View Post
Hi, it's me again.

I've tried formatting my SD card using Gparted. No luck again.

I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'll use the 2.2 from XDA till this issue is sorted out somehow.

Thank you all for helping me out.
if you have 2.2 working whats the problem? i see you were having SD mounting problems, i would assume since your say your using that version then its fixed? does your startup file have force_turbo=1? if so, try deleting it and try again.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

Yitzter is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
if you have 2.2 working whats the problem? i see you were having SD mounting problems, i would assume since your say your using that version then its fixed? does your startup file have force_turbo=1? if so, try deleting it and try again.
Will try deleting force_turbo=1 and see how that goes.

Again, I appreciate all the help that's been given and to the Dev's of this wonderful project.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gus616 is a n00b

so i can get the GPS to work every now and then which is nice. i just wanted to confirm the things that don't current work on the release of android 2.2 or if maybe its just my phone:

GPS- sometimes works
camera- doesn't work
video out- doesn't work
voice to text- doesn't work
gallery- takes a while, sometimes reboots android
cell phone signal is sometimes lost requiring a restart

and just curious what you guys are getting for internet speeds, mine ain't bad: 1.48mbps download .67mbps upload
Old 07-27-2010, 04:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

IMPAQT is just getting started

Android is spyware IMO. Look at the warning for various app installs and usage, says it can collect data from your contacts, data entry, data usage, even your keystrokes can be logged and stored... All this info is easily accessible by google and/or the third-party who created the app your using. Deny it the access and it wont work at all. Just because they say in the privacy notice that they don't use this information, doesn't mean they don't. I mean, why would they collect this info if they weren't looking at it? Seems awfully fishy to me. At least with WinMo, when you install programs and app, you have alot more control over what it does and how it reacts to your usage. Plus, i dont trust an "internet advertising" company built OS.

I give props to you guys for creating a project you enjoy, and works on your phones, but do more research on the company that build the OS first.

Also, an alternative to this, until its fully working for those of you who like Android and want to use it for daily use is NRGZ Maxsense ROMs. Its very smooth and stable, and has the feel and functionality that Android does, in a WinMo flavored package. Im not trying to step on anyones toes, like i said, its great your building something you like just don't put your full faith and trust into just yet.

Last edited by IMPAQT; 07-27-2010 at 04:32 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (EnergyRom)

Ghaleon is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPAQT View Post
Android is spyware IMO. Look at the warning for various app installs and usage, says it can collect data from your contacts, data entry, data usage, even your keystrokes can be logged and stored... All this info is easily accessible by google and/or the third-party who created the app your using. Deny it the access and it wont work at all. Just because they say in the privacy notice that they don't use this information, doesn't mean they don't. I mean, why would they collect this info if they weren't looking at it? Seems awfully fishy to me. At least with WinMo, when you install programs and app, you have alot more control over what it does and how it reacts to your usage. Plus, i dont trust an "internet advertising" company built OS.

I give props to you guys for creating a project you enjoy, and works on your phones, but do more research on the company that build the OS first.

Also, an alternative to this, until its fully working for those of you who like Android and want to use it for daily use is NRGZ Maxsense ROMs. Its very smooth and stable, and has the feel and functionality that Android does, in a WinMo flavored package. Im not trying to step on anyones toes, like i said, its great your building something you like just don't put your full faith and trust into just yet.
You do realize that Windows Mobile Apps have all the same permissions, they just aren't forced to inform you of them beforehand, right? I hope this post was some sort of subtle joke...
Old 07-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPAQT View Post
Android is spyware IMO...
Then don't use it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
You do realize that Windows Mobile Apps have all the same permissions, they just aren't forced to inform you of them beforehand, right? I hope this post was some sort of subtle joke...
+1. WinMo is just as bad, if not worse... they just don't tell you what they're doing.

Google does use a lot of little things that piss people off - like it'll "look" at your emails in GMail and tailor tiny little ads to you. Does that mean I don't use GMail? Hell no, I freakin love GMail! They gotta make their money somehow, and they are an advertising company. Get over it.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

RA21 is a n00b

Looking for a little help.

Trying to set this up on a Verizon Touch Pro.

If I use the latest release with raph500 startup values, I can get past initial setup and calibration, then get stuck on the reboot loop.

I tried the 3-31 workaround, but I cant get 3-31 to work, I get the booting linux box then nothing. I also tried peterms workaround fix and it gets an error during setup regarding the modem and it just keeps trying to do something over and over.

I am very new to this any help would be appreciated. I cant believe im trying so hard to get something that even the cam doesnt work with on my phone lol
Old 07-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA21 View Post
Looking for a little help.

Trying to set this up on a Verizon Touch Pro.

If I use the latest release with raph500 startup values, I can get past initial setup and calibration, then get stuck on the reboot loop.

I tried the 3-31 workaround, but I cant get 3-31 to work, I get the booting linux box then nothing. I also tried peterms workaround fix and it gets an error during setup regarding the modem and it just keeps trying to do something over and over.

I am very new to this any help would be appreciated. I cant believe im trying so hard to get something that even the cam doesnt work with on my phone lol
Delete your data.img, boot again.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

RA21 is a n00b

I did that as well. The only thing I can do consistently is a clean install of the latest files to the boot loop.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA21 View Post
I did that as well. The only thing I can do consistently is a clean install of the latest files to the boot loop.
Immediately after the boot loop, do you have a data.img file that gets created? Also, how long do you let it go? I'd say 10 mins is the max. If you haven't let it go 10 mins on a first boot however.... That may be your issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux