PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

superflysocal is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

I have sprint TP1 and tried this with the latest AIO version. It is taking forever! There is a bunch of text scrolling down the screen in linux?? But everytime I think it is stuck some more text scroll down so I wait longer, but now it is like 90 minutes at least. Should I just try the manual method? Any suggestion on getting Sprint Tp to work. I used the startup.txt in the RAPH800 folder.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
I have sprint TP1 and tried this with the latest AIO version. It is taking forever! There is a bunch of text scrolling down the screen in linux?? But everytime I think it is stuck some more text scroll down so I wait longer, but now it is like 90 minutes at least. Should I just try the manual method? Any suggestion on getting Sprint Tp to work. I used the startup.txt in the RAPH800 folder.
Make sure your sd card is formatted correctly, others have suggested using the HP format tool. Download the latest AIO package and put in the root "/" or main part of the SD Card. The startup.txt in the Ralph800 folder would be your best bet. If all else fails make sure there is no cache directory outside of the andboot, sometimes this can stall a new boot. If you've already tried to boot it delete the cache and data.img and try again.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm20 View Post
Make sure your sd card is formatted correctly, others have suggested using the HP format tool. Download the latest AIO package and put in the root "/" or main part of the SD Card. The startup.txt in the Ralph800 folder would be your best bet. If all else fails make sure there is no cache directory outside of the andboot, sometimes this can stall a new boot. If you've already tried to boot it delete the cache and data.img and try again.
Got it to work.

If you get a freeze when you start haret.exe it is probably because you took out inserted the sd card, and it got unmounted somehow. If i reboot with the android Sd card in place, let wm6.1 boot up and then rerun haret it works.

I did reformat SD card, but the card did have other stuff from another android installation so that might have been it, but no on a new Sd it works fine.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

new question, why is the screen so dim?

in settings i increased the brightness and you can see it go bright for less than half a second and then back to dim.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
new question, why is the screen so dim?

in settings i increased the brightness and you can see it go bright for less than half a second and then back to dim.
Shame on you for not reading the FAQ in post #2!!

I suggest you read at the very least the first three posts... if not the first page of a thread. That applies to more than just this thread/forum as well.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 07-22-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

BrokenLimits is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BrokenLimits

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Hence I wouldn't sweat it. I'm sure it'll make it into future updates. I can't recreate this issue tho, are you just experiencing it with foursquare? Have you had issues with any other apps? It could be unique to that application.
I guess it is just applications that require maps. The problem on foursquare comes when I click check in on any site. It force quits the application immediately. Same thing happened on Go Walla.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:33 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLimits View Post
I guess it is just applications that require maps. The problem on foursquare comes when I click check in on any site. It force quits the application immediately. Same thing happened on Go Walla.
Never used either of these. I downloaded foursquare, but it wanted me to login... Not even sure what it is, so I'm probably not going to login to it :P

I'll play around with Go Walla... Not sure what the heck that is either. Does GPS work fine in Google Maps and/or Navigation?
Old 07-23-2010, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

BrokenLimits is a n00b
Wink Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Yes, GPS appears to work. It all appears to work initially in Foursquare until you go to check in at a location.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLimits View Post
Yes, GPS appears to work. It all appears to work initially in Foursquare until you go to check in at a location.
Well Gowalla FC's immediately on me. Again, never used these apps...

GPS Status works fine tho, and that's a third party app I had to download. So I'm not sure, it seems like these apps are accessing GPS location in a very un-kosher manner. Unfortunately dev focus is not going to be on third-party applications when simple things that are integral part of the OS or hardware do not work at all...
Old 07-23-2010, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BrokenLimits is a n00b

The GPS shows my location decently its when I go to click on the location within the app to "check-in" that it crashes. I am not sure why. I am sort of in a war with some of my coworkers with this application. Its a bit nerdy I am aware lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux