PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalynOne View Post
Anybody had any success installing / communicating via USB with PDANet with the Sprint Touch Pro running Android (I'm running latest build FroYo All-in-One package)?
There's USB tethering built-in... I'm not sure if the OOB one works, or if you still have to use that other application. I haven't been able to find those directions, but I was able to get it to work with wifi tethering. Drained the battery faster than a USB cable could charge the phone tho. So I wouldn't recommend it - stick with WinMo for the time being if you need to tether!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

illwafer is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to illwafer

just wanted to say thanks to the OP for the post. i fired it up last night and played around. definitely cool to get a taste of android, and i was surprised that exchange/activesync worked well out of the box.

for any other newbs, you have have to copy the right startup.txt (raph 800 for sprint) and REPLACE the one that is currently in the root. the first time i tried to run haret.exe it just hung, and i needed to do a soft reset.

the FAQ really helps through any bumps (ie cdma data).
Old 07-30-2010, 11:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwafer View Post
just wanted to say thanks to the OP for the post. i fired it up last night and played around. definitely cool to get a taste of android, and i was surprised that exchange/activesync worked well out of the box.

for any other newbs, you have have to copy the right startup.txt (raph 800 for sprint) and REPLACE the one that is currently in the root. the first time i tried to run haret.exe it just hung, and i needed to do a soft reset.

the FAQ really helps through any bumps (ie cdma data).
there are also other little tricks to fix little items over at XDA. like the ear piece vol control and speaker phone.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

RA21 is a n00b

This might sound like a stupid question, but on multiple forums ive seen people say to get the wifi/bt/gps toggle app so you can save power, do these apps operate any differently than the default 5 row toggler that has one touch gps, bt, wifi, data, and brightness?

If its the same thing that seems counter productive to use storage space for extra widgets.

Also, does the size of the SD card play ANY role in performance? I am using a 2gb card...

Thanks for the help and all the solid work that is going towards making thise fully functional.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Kevets is becoming a great contributor

I've used the built-in WiFi toggle with success.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA21 View Post
This might sound like a stupid question, but on multiple forums ive seen people say to get the wifi/bt/gps toggle app so you can save power, do these apps operate any differently than the default 5 row toggler that has one touch gps, bt, wifi, data, and brightness?

If its the same thing that seems counter productive to use storage space for extra widgets.

Also, does the size of the SD card play ANY role in performance? I am using a 2gb card...

Thanks for the help and all the solid work that is going towards making thise fully functional.
i downloaded a WiFi toggle widget and battery usage almost doubled just from that and the phone ran cooler. next is to try a G3 toggle to see if it gets even better. not sure if BT is on by default so i might try that as well.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA21 View Post

Not sure what the default app is for that... but if you have something that turns on/off the various radios (wifi, bt, 3g, gps) then use it. The less hardware ticking away at the processor, the better the battery life (I still feel the radio is a big source of battery drain... but obviously wifi is even with optimized drivers.)

To answer your question, I haven't noticed any performance differences with different cards. I haven't used a ton of cards, but I tested with a 512mb, 2gb and 8gb card with 8gb being the 'main' card I use.

I have seen comments on someone formatting their card to FAT16 instead of FAT32 and that making a big performance difference... There's also debate about the ROM that is used can effect performance.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

From what I remember the devs saying, the capacity does not matter as much as the speed of the card. A class 6 will work a lot better than a class 2, I use both (8GB each). The class 6 is my main one, the class 2 I put the new releases on to try them and make sure various things work. If I don't have problems, other than force-close/wait messages, I put it on the class 6 and that usually gets rid of most of those.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:54 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrialex View Post
From what I remember the devs saying, the capacity does not matter as much as the speed of the card. A class 6 will work a lot better than a class 2, I use both (8GB each). The class 6 is my main one, the class 2 I put the new releases on to try them and make sure various things work. If I don't have problems, other than force-close/wait messages, I put it on the class 6 and that usually gets rid of most of those.
That's a very good point chrialex, and makes a lot of sense. I'm impressed that it actually reduces the wait/fc's you're getting.... that's awesome!

Y'know, I'm not even sure what class card I'm running. Just checked, and my 8gb card is class 4. I'm betting my older card is class 2... Huh. Well, if I do need another card I'll be sure to get a higher class than 4!
Old 07-31-2010, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
There's USB tethering built-in... I'm not sure if the OOB one works, or if you still have to use that other application. I haven't been able to find those directions, but I was able to get it to work with wifi tethering. Drained the battery faster than a USB cable could charge the phone tho. So I wouldn't recommend it - stick with WinMo for the time being if you need to tether!
Actually I was more interested in using PDANet's SMS gateway features to recieves SMS from the computer. Which wifi package did you install for wifi tethering?

The ones here :

http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

don't' exactly list a generic or RAPH800 version...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux