PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliend View Post
Possible to use the raph500 startup config from the 2.1 release on the first page with the 2.2 release on XDA? I have downloaded the 2.2AOSP.10.7.10.BETA.V2, but it does not include a raph500 startup.txt......

Just curious!
I think it uses the same startup.txt as the RAPH800. Could be wrong tho.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

yesyes is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks. Am running Android succesfully, however am looking to put the phone on VZW network(is Sprint version Touch Pro).
Still reading around, thinking I have to unlock, then change radio(from Sprint to VZW) and flash new ROM(so many choices... )
phone runs WM6.1, however is not setup for my service. boots fine and everything, just not setup ye tfor VZW.
thinking of unlocking via SD card http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333
however im not sure which RAPHIMG.nbh to use. should I use the .nbh from the verizon pkg in that thread to unlock my Sprint phone? or is this unlocking different than changing the radio?
Quote:
This guide is only for the sprint touch pro, you break anything its not my fault you do it at your own risk!!! to make it verizonable you need to get the nbh outta the verizon unlocker
then I still need to flash a custom ROM after this?
Old 07-13-2010, 02:19 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkite38
I'd like to get the RAPH 500 keypad in better order - using terminal's a big pain right now. I noticed in the comments that the layout can be changed in 'userland' - where would that be, or can i help get a new layout into the kernel somehow?
Check out the rootfs, under /init.etc/keymaps. You need to have both a .kl and a .kcm.bin file -- I'm not clear on what the scope of each of those is. I think the kernel-level mapping is alright, though, so at least there aren't 3 places to look.

I'm not at all clear on how to actually put those files together, having never done it. The .kl file is just text, so that should be pretty self-explanatory. I think the .kcm.bin has to be compiled by the android kcm tool, which probably requires the full sources, which is a huge hassle. But it looks like there are uncompiled kcm files in that directory, so maybe you can figure it out, and then send a file over to someone who compiles the Android sources.

If you get stuck, someone on #htc-linux should be able to point you in the right direction better than I can.

Quote:
Possible to use the raph500 startup config from the 2.1 release on the first page with the 2.2 release on XDA? I have downloaded the 2.2AOSP.10.7.10.BETA.V2, but it does not include a raph500 startup.txt......

Just curious!
The raph500 startup.txt should work fine. I haven't tried it myself, but 2.2 required no changes to the startup.txt on my device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon21 View Post
thanks for the tips. i do have a raph800 and i already tried all that and still can't load it. and now i can't uninstall the cab either.
What's happening when you try to start it? Maybe it's a simple problem with an easy fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyes View Post
THANKS everyone and hooray for the DIYer.
Acquired a Sprint Touch Pro (Raph800 if i'm correct.)
clean format FAT32 of SD card. using AIO from 6.12.10 boots fine into Android, havent played with it too much.

having a tough time sorting through the 300+ pages of this thread so ill cut to the meat here.
Can I use the Raph800 with Android on Verizon without Data subscription?
if so, do I change/unlock the phone through WM in order to get VZW network functionality, or can this be done all within Android?
I'm guessing I need to get the phone unlocked and functioning in WM with VZW before gaining that functionality in Android.
are there any other Stock updates that should be done prior to Unlocking?
Anyone want to hold my hand here or at least point me to applicable posts/threads?
TIA and I will guinea pig as necessary.
You can use it without a data subscription. Everything you need to do data-wise can be done over wifi (it's just less pleasant). But the process of switching over to Verizon with a Sprint phone is well outside the scope of this thread. I believe the short version is: get the ESN/MEID activated on Verizon (not necessarily easy); unlock and flash a generic WinMo rom and add Verizon customizations; manually update your PRL, MDN, MSID, etc.; fix whatever problems you encounter. Once the phone is working on Verizon in WinMo, there should be no additional effort to make it work in Android.

I'm sure there's a 'Sprint Touch Pro on Verizon' guide somewhere here, but I don't have a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh
I think it uses the same startup.txt as the RAPH800. Could be wrong tho.
Nope. Different mach-type -- needs to know about the different memory layout way early in the boot process.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Nope. Different mach-type -- needs to know about the different memory layout way early in the boot process.
Thanks for clearing that up Makk, makes sense.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (RAPH 500)
Carrier: Verizon

x4osw0n is a n00b

Quote:

Just curious!
The answer is yes; (I do) and it works as well as the 800 does on 2.2
Old 07-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

mrkite38 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Check out the rootfs, under /init.etc/keymaps. You need to have both a .kl and a .kcm.bin file -- I'm not clear on what the scope of each of those is. I think the kernel-level mapping is alright, though, so at least there aren't 3 places to look.

I'm not at all clear on how to actually put those files together, having never done it. The .kl file is just text, so that should be pretty self-explanatory. I think the .kcm.bin has to be compiled by the android kcm tool, which probably requires the full sources, which is a huge hassle. But it looks like there are uncompiled kcm files in that directory, so maybe you can figure it out, and then send a file over to someone who compiles the Android sources.

If you get stuck, someone on #htc-linux should be able to point you in the right direction better than I can.
Thanks, makk, that jogs my memory. I've got an acquaintance in the Vogue forum who's done alt keymapping so i'll pick his brain.

EDIT: ok, wait - on RAPH500, pressing 'SHIFT' makes the 'FN" light come on, but doesn't affect the characters. Pressing FN does nothing with the light but does change what's outputted. I assume that's kernel level...

Last edited by mrkite38; 07-14-2010 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Professional

simon21 is a n00b

got it working finally. I think the problem was the all in one file. I deleted that and tried the cab again and it worked. thanks for the help everyone
Old 07-13-2010, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Overmann is just getting started

I'm selling my RAPH500 on ebay, I got a Rhodium now, so no longer can I help report on its operation here. See you in the forum next door lol.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:28 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkite38 View Post
Thanks, makk, that jogs my memory. I've got an acquaintance in the Vogue forum who's done alt keymapping so i'll pick his brain.

EDIT: ok, wait - on RAPH500, pressing 'SHIFT' makes the 'FN" light come on, but doesn't affect the characters. Pressing FN does nothing with the light but does change what's outputted. I assume that's kernel level...
Yes, that's kernel level. Don't know why, but 500/800 have the Fn/Caps lights swapped. I guess the little flip-flop I put in there for the 800 didn't get activated for raph500. Not that it matters, because...

As far as I recall from the raph800, the Fn light doesn't come on at all, and the Caps light comes on when you press caps, but doesn't actually change the output. (I think this behavior is consistent with gsm raph; and, since shift-shift works for caps, and fn works, it didn't really bother me enough to keep banging my head against a wall.)
Old 07-14-2010, 03:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well I'm at 7.5 hours so far tonight. That's definitally better. This is with exchange, weather every hour, twitter, news every hour, live wallpaper, and on and off the forums. I like

Sent from my xdandroid 2.2 using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux