PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuga View Post
2.2 continues to work fine. I installed on a clean card, booted, had to setup APN, then after a minute 3G was up. Successfully sync'ed with Google account.

I did run into an issue during a call. After 10 minutes, the call dropped and I did not have network access (no voice, no data). I tried toggling it, but it did not work. I had to reboot the device.
Yea, I've noticed issues in-call as well. I had the device do an Android reboot (went back to the Android boot-up screen instead of WinMo...) several times on me.

I've also seen several reports of people having that same issue. I haven't had a single force close with 2.2 tho. Love it!
Old 07-15-2010, 11:45 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have noticed those sorts of problems with radio dropping with every version -- but only very occasionally. Are they more common with 2.2? Wifi seems stable, but I haven't had a chance to test cdma/3g much (out in the country right now -- good internet, but no cellular).
Old 07-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

I would say they seem more common with 2.2... but 2.2 has also been a more pleasurable experience overall so maybe the problems with the radio only seem worse...
Old 07-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

weird, i haven't had any in call issues, but i haven't really had in call issues with any version. every now and then i'll see my 3g drop to 2g for a few minutes but it always seems to come back. only lost 3g once or twice where i had to reboot to fix. ofcourse i always forget to send myself a logcat when that does happen to see why lol.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

hyuga is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I would say they seem more common with 2.2... but 2.2 has also been a more pleasurable experience overall so maybe the problems with the radio only seem worse...
I agree. Even with the call drop, the overall experience is better. Less errors and app stop/wait issues.

Used 2.1 for about 3 days and never got the issue. Hit the issue within hours of using 2.2. That would indicate a higher frequency, but I think I need more days of usage to be sure.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

@makk

Thanks for uploading the new AIO!

noob question-do I follow the same instructions to install as Eclair? Reading the past few pages looks like there is a different way to install this but then again, i am still getting my feet wet at this

Old 07-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.a View Post
noob question-do I follow the same instructions to install as Eclair? Reading the past few pages looks like there is a different way to install this but then again, i am still getting my feet wet at this
The AIO's are basically the same. The devs moved away from a sqshfs file system and moved to an ext2. So instead of a system.sqsh file, there's now a system.ext2 file. If you had a previous 2.2 build and wanted to update to a newer one, you could just replace this file.

I find it's best to start fresh, so I would start with a clean build if I was you!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
The AIO's are basically the same. The devs moved away from a sqshfs file system and moved to an ext2. So instead of a system.sqsh file, there's now a system.ext2 file. If you had a previous 2.2 build and wanted to update to a newer one, you could just replace this file.

I find it's best to start fresh, so I would start with a clean build if I was you!!

Thanks! gonna start fresh...after lunch
Old 07-15-2010, 05:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

anyone with VZN been able to get 2.2 working? i keep getting errors while booting and it just stops. the old version is working pretty good other than a few little things.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
anyone with VZN been able to get 2.2 working? i keep getting errors while booting and it just stops. the old version is working pretty good other than a few little things.
You copied the correct startup.txt...?

Do you ever see the bootup animation, or does it halt on the text screen?

Have you tried formatting your SD card?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux