PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 05:30 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

I'm missing the TP right now. TP2 has no audio, and i've just recently found Subsonic, which is very nearly a perfect Android app. (Makes me feel like the time I put into ripping my 600cd music collection to mp3 was not wasted.)

I pretty much never boot into Android on the TP2 unless I need to read an encrypted email. A phone that doesn't ring is limited in its utility. As is an mp3 player with no audio.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

no sound at all? eww, i thought they were farther along than that.

lol i'm sure someone on here would be more than happy to swap out their tp1 for your tp2
Old 05-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
TP2 has no audio, and i've just recently found Subsonic, which is very nearly a perfect Android app. (Makes me feel like the time I put into ripping my 600cd music collection to mp3 was not wasted.)
I've been using MPD, but Subsonic looks awesome. I'm probably still going to use MPD, but I'll give Subsonic a look... Never heard of it before, definitely seems promising.

Oh, and that sucks about the TP2 not having audio :P
Old 05-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Any body having trouble with wifi in the new build? I got the latest files as of yesterday and i'm in an area with no reception so I tried to turn on wifi and it cycles right to turning it off.

Deleted data.img and now all is very well in xandroid land

Last edited by Yibrushn; 05-07-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

DrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good workDrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via MSN to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via Yahoo to DrUnKeN_TiGeR

is anyone else having issues with google voice app not finishing setup with this build?

got it if anyone else is having issues with this just click use different account and try your google user name minus @gmail.com

so now i cant make incoming or outgoing calls when i call out it gives me a sprint error about account cannot be validated.... when call comes in it rings when i answer it it waits a few seconds then disconnects the call
hmmm any ideas?

Last edited by DrUnKeN_TiGeR; 05-06-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Lurker

tankdogg is a n00b

Had the new build up and running and everything was good. Wifi, 3g, etc. After I rebooted I keep getting hung at the startup getting a message that rootfs.img could not be found on the sdcard. The file is still there, tried to delete and readd the latest but keep getting hung on this. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 05-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankdogg View Post
Had the new build up and running and everything was good. Wifi, 3g, etc. After I rebooted I keep getting hung at the startup getting a message that rootfs.img could not be found on the sdcard. The file is still there, tried to delete and readd the latest but keep getting hung on this. Anyone else have this problem?
So your Android install is at the root of the SD? Check your startup.txt as well, make sure it's not referencing a file that's somewhere else.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Lurker

tankdogg is a n00b

Yep, you were right. Fixed the startup.txt. Just was stumped because initially it had booted up so I thought the startup.txt was fine. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

yourborfrombk is a n00b

im pretty sure all the sound is working on the tp2...i used the same sd card from my tp inserted in my friends tp2...used the different start up text...somebody call his phone i heard my ring tone and he spoke with the person...!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

Hey is there an AIO package for the latest builds, w/ the newest roo and zimage and stuff included... Im still on the 3/31, but it looks like deveelopment has improved a bit and it may be worth the upgrade, but since makk is on tp2 id ont think anyone is updating the 1st post for us simpleminded users...lol any help would be appreciated, or if no one has one, if you could point me in the direction where i can find the most recent (but stable) pieces, and ill do the work and get em all together myself... would be great

thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux