PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO
Carrier: Sprint

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

So for the first time ever my welcome on the start up said '' welcome to tmobile g1'' ??

whats up w that.. lol
Old 04-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLui View Post
So for the first time ever my welcome on the start up said '' welcome to tmobile g1'' ??

whats up w that.. lol
...It's a port?

As in, this is all borrowed code that they're (the devs...) reverse engineering to work on our devices? Do you think HTC is doing this for us or what!?!?
Old 04-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
...It's a port?

As in, this is all borrowed code that they're (the devs...) reverse engineering to work on our devices? Do you think HTC is doing this for us or what!?!?

Reason why i asked is cause its the first time ive seen it appear im always flipping files around to make something work.. It appeared wen i downloaded a roots file from march and the rest ove the files are recent. Im at a point where this build that i got going reports REALL GOOD battery! Its only bout 5% off at all times

Thanx.. Going to mix n match the rosie package now..Holla ltr
Old 04-23-2010, 10:28 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

hmm... pretty sure the reporting as a G1 comes from the system.sqsh, not the rootfs. I think the older Donut builds did this... I can't remember which others.

What setup has the best battery reporting? There's been some things changing lately, but it didn't look like they were particularly raph800-friendly. (Though I freely admit that I don't understand the latest changes to the battery code.)
Old 04-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

I gotta update my build and try again... It's been a few days. The new builds are getting better, but last I zImage I had (maybe 3 days old now) the battery meter still jumped around a ton. The low battery messages were obnoxious as well, but I'd rather have battery reporting and have those annoying messages than no battery status at all...
Old 04-23-2010, 10:35 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

you can put htc_battery_smem.fake=1 in the cmdline, and it'll constantly report being connected to the charger, so the low battery warnings won't come up. At the minor expense of not having notification that you actually are connected to the charger.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
you can put htc_battery_smem.fake=1 in the cmdline, and it'll constantly report being connected to the charger, so the low battery warnings won't come up. At the minor expense of not having notification that you actually are connected to the charger.
Yea, but I said I wanted to see what the battery status was and receive the annoying messages, rather than have no clue about the battery level and get no warnings
Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

I think you still get the level readings, it just says that it's charging. So you're not really losing out on data.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
I think you still get the level readings, it just says that it's charging. So you're not really losing out on data.
Oh I see. I guess I'm not understanding, or perhaps forgot how it used to say always charging but would still count down the battery.

Ugh, I probably shouldn't post this early in the morning. Even tho I've been at work for 2 hours already, holy crap.

Tryin to help a guy over @ XDA on that breathe LED for debugging deep sleep... I think you said you can just remove the LED Effects app from the AndroidApps folder, but when I look at my installed applications on Android, I don't have LED Effects. Can't find it in the installed apps list either... I kinda like having the breathe LED on when it's sleeping, lets me know Android is still runnin. But I'd like to know how to turn it off as well, mainly to help this dude.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 04-23-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Im on the system file w 52,xxx.. The other one is 50,xxx. Both ove them are reporting good battery life for me...

Everything is up to date except the roots file which is the one from tha 18th.

One thing that i see whatever you do on the windows side ove the board it reflects it on the android part so idk if this would really help out but ever since i downloaded these files...

Attachment 67472
Attachment 67473

Battery life REALL GOOD! compare to how it was jumping like a bean from state to state.

EDIT 1: Makk if you need me to i can put the files that im on in AIO so u can see what i mean..

Last edited by LuckyLui; 04-23-2010 at 11:10 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux