PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

rev800x is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Anybody having issues getting Windows XP to see the phone via USB? I'm trying to install some programs but it won't see the device. And yes I have the USB debugging on.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

The code worked out of the box for me, tried it with the old data.img first with no problems, then backed that up and rebuilt it with no problems. Not sure on the looping...
Old 05-05-2010, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TWiST is just getting started

For the new 2.1 build do we still use the links on the first page for the rootfs and kernel and all that ?
Old 05-05-2010, 01:52 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm20 View Post
Side note: You got a TP2? Why not a Hero or moment? Well at least they will have someone skilled with android to help the rhod development.
I've got the SERO plan, which they don't allow you to activate an Android phone on. That's why I didn't upgrade to the Hero or the Moment.

And I got a cheap upgrade from insurance, due to some issues I was having with my TP. That's why I upgraded at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
Anybody having issues getting Windows XP to see the phone via USB? I'm trying to install some programs but it won't see the device. And yes I have the USB debugging on.
A) You've got to have the phone hooked up to activesync before you boot into Android, or it'll never show up. B) You've got to add the usb_function_switch command to the eclair.user.conf file if it's not there (I can't pull it from my memory right now, search the thread and you should find it). If you do those two things, ADB should work (unless something's busted in the new kernels, which I doubt. It's been working on every kernel I've tried lately.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiST View Post
For the new 2.1 build do we still use the links on the first page for the rootfs and kernel and all that ?
Those links are still applicable, yes. They point to the newest kernel, initramfs, and rootfs, all of which should work with the 2.1 builds.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I updated with the newest rootfs and the newest kernel and I am having the boot logo looping forever hmmm
Old 05-05-2010, 02:21 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Tried deleting data.img?
Old 05-05-2010, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

It was a full clean install without a data.img yet, I am going to delete it if it created one and try again
Old 05-05-2010, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

This is my startup the same one I have been using for a long time with the 2.01 builds

Code:
set ramsize 0x6000000

set ramaddr 0x10000000

set mtype 2039

set KERNEL zImage

set initrd initrd.gz

set cmdline "lcd.density=210 msmvkeyb_toggle=off physkeyboard=raph north_am_dialing=1 gsensor_axis=2,-1,3 rel_path=andboot acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=528000"

boot
Old 05-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiST View Post
This is my startup the same one I have been using for a long time with the 2.01 builds
If you're making it to the boot animation, I can guarantee that it's not the startup.txt (well, pretty much guarantee :P)

You've reformatted the SD just to be sure? Based on some comments over @ XDA, people with the looping boot animation were just updating to the newest zImage & rootFS & it was fixing it. I never experienced the issue, so I'm not sure what caused it.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
I've got the SERO plan, which they don't allow you to activate an Android phone on. That's why I didn't upgrade to the Hero or the Moment.

And I got a cheap upgrade from insurance, due to some issues I was having with my TP. That's why I upgraded at all.
Ah good deal then, I was trying to get them to give me something other than a TP/TP2 when I was having issues with mine but I just went with upgrading to a android phone. Its sad sometimes it feels like the TP port runs better than the leaked 2.1 for the moment.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux