PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (PagePlus)

Samui is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Samui Send a message via Yahoo to Samui
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

It works pretty well. If bluetooth audio were working, it would be perfect for me.

Edit: Seems calls /do/ work, just somewhat sluggish. That might be due to overhead from WinMO, though. Other than that...yeah, just the bluetooth not working fully. Looking forward to future improvements.

Last edited by Samui; 06-08-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: updating
Old 06-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

blonderoadkill is a n00b

Just wanted to check in to see if anyone has had any luck getting headphones through extusb extention cable and/or a2dp to work. It is the second to last thing I need working to completely ditch booting into winmo (the other is an android version on wmwifirouter).
Old 06-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blonderoadkill View Post
Just wanted to check in to see if anyone has had any luck getting headphones through extusb extention cable and/or a2dp to work. It is the second to last thing I need working to completely ditch booting into winmo (the other is an android version on wmwifirouter).
You can tether Android with your lappy via wifi... just slaughters the battery. ExtUSB is still busted I believe. Don't even ask about A2DP. This is a testing project, not a userland project...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samui View Post
Edit: Seems calls /do/ work, just somewhat sluggish. That might be due to overhead from WinMO, though. Other than that...yeah, just the bluetooth not working fully. Looking forward to future improvements.
No overhead from WinMo is possible. Android boots WinMo out of memory and takes over the device. Which is why you have to do a soft reset to get back to WinMo...
Old 06-09-2010, 01:24 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
It works pretty well. If bluetooth audio were working, it would be perfect for me.

RAPH500 is still very sluggish. It reminds me of where RAPH800 was back in November or so. That was before the second 128mb bank of RAM was enabled on RAPH800... of course, it doesn't exist on RAPH500. There is an extra 32mb SMI bank on RAPH500 that isn't being accessed... Not sure how much difference that'll make (or if it'll be possible to enable it).

I also haven't tried turbo mode. Maybe that'll help.

I also haven't checked to see if there's some process hanging things up. But I sort of doubt it. Feels like low memory, and the constant ANRs seemed to be a sign of that on other devices as well.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Raph500)
Carrier: Verizon

Giggles 312 is just getting started

i call this an extreme ironic event ... i loved my vzw touch pro but hated it. i couldnt get android on it and i was tired of windows mobile, so i got the palm pixi and love it. but out of the random i decided to check the progress of android development and i couldnt have checked at a better time!!

THANKS a buch! =D>
Old 06-09-2010, 03:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (PagePlus)

Samui is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Samui Send a message via Yahoo to Samui

Quote:
No overhead from WinMo is possible. Android boots WinMo out of memory and takes over the device. Which is why you have to do a soft reset to get back to WinMo...
Ah, I didn't realize that. I thought WinMo was still in memory because of the backlight glitch. I stand corrected, though.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Ah, I didn't realize that. I thought WinMo was still in memory because of the backlight glitch. I stand corrected, though.
The hardware is still initialized by WinMo... but the OS itself is kicked out of memory essentially when HaRET runs
Old 06-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700

tdcrone is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Don't even ask about A2DP.
Amusingly, one of the first things I tried after getting 5/11 (and getting over GPS not working) was a2dp. My Voyager 855 paired fine and Android redirected audio, but the sound was choppy. I've been meaning to play with it but haven't gotten around to it since, might be one of those things that works if you set up the buffer in WM.

So testing or not it is in pretty good shape. You all have done excellent work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm20
Mine was running really really hot. And well i couldn't get any gps locks but then again the TP i'm testing on isn't activated anymore. Anyone else getting a lot of heat with theirs?
When my GPS was not working it was also hot (5/11 AIO, and after the upgrades while my GPS setting was 'off'). Since resetting with GPS 'on' it has been quite cool, with one exception: yesterday I left work early (2:30pm) at ~100% charge and was downloading the voice navigation stuff from the marketplace while watching Google Maps with the GPS. TP stayed quite warm the whole trip, so I don't know for sure whether it was the GPS or the data; heat was roughly consistent with WM when the GPS and data connections are active (I used to use WM as a speedometer and radio on the way to work : ).

After closing navigation (which worked beautifully, enjoyed it far more than TomTom6 on WM!) the phone cooled back down. I didn't swap batteries until about 7pm when it died totally. That is about as good as WM; we'll see if it keeps up today.

I don't have any idea which particular things are helping, but having all three seems to be the bees' knees.

-TC
Old 06-09-2010, 10:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

I made a modified rootfs that does the workaround for the boot loop. It simply is the guts of the data.img from the 3-31 build in a tar file. It seems to loop on the setup but that maybe because i'm doing it on wifi. If you just hold the power button and reset the phone it will boot to your home screen on the next boot. The patch.tar.gz file has the linux permissions so if you must edit windows will most likely break the patch.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SBFJ72E1 is the download link. Let me know if it works for you. Also back up your data.img if your wanting to start over fresh if there is a error and it doesn't work for your device (i've tested it on the ralph800 on 3 attempts all worked)

Last edited by peterm20; 06-09-2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: MUP link was bad.. had to reupload
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm20 View Post
I made a modified rootfs that does the workaround for the boot loop. It simply is the guts of the data.img from the 3-31 build in a tar file. It seems to loop on the setup but that maybe because i'm doing it on wifi. If you just hold the power button and reset the phone it will boot to your home screen on the next boot. The patch.tar.gz file has the linux permissions so if you must edit windows will most likely break the patch.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SBFJ72E1 is the download link. Let me know if it works for you. Also back up your data.img if your wanting to start over fresh if there is a error and it doesn't work for your device (i've tested it on the ralph800 on 3 attempts all worked)
If you're that good with working in this system, talk to the devs in #htc-linux and see if you can help find the culprit of the issue. It's obviously the creation of that data.img file, it's just your solution seems less than desirable... I'd much prefer to see something go upstream into the official XDA builds!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux