View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 11:22 AM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm20 View Post
I made a modified rootfs that does the workaround for the boot loop. It simply is the guts of the data.img from the 3-31 build in a tar file. It seems to loop on the setup but that maybe because i'm doing it on wifi. If you just hold the power button and reset the phone it will boot to your home screen on the next boot. The patch.tar.gz file has the linux permissions so if you must edit windows will most likely break the patch.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SBFJ72E1 is the download link. Let me know if it works for you. Also back up your data.img if your wanting to start over fresh if there is a error and it doesn't work for your device (i've tested it on the ralph800 on 3 attempts all worked)
If you're that good with working in this system, talk to the devs in #htc-linux and see if you can help find the culprit of the issue. It's obviously the creation of that data.img file, it's just your solution seems less than desirable... I'd much prefer to see something go upstream into the official XDA builds!