View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 05:22 PM
hamagc
Halfway to VIP Status

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tips and Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Dual Boot
Now that most things work without initialization, the Gen.Y Dualboot app is a nice compliment to the Android installation. It short circuits the Windows Mobile boot and allows you to automatically boot HaRET without having to wait for WinMo to finish booting. It's not a true dual boot solution, but it's pretty slick.

Logs for debugging
Download debug.zip from this post. Extract it to your sd card (i.e. into a folder called /Storage Card/debug/).

Then, after a crash, when windows boots up, go into /Storage Card/debug/ and launch haret.exe, then immediately quit. A file should appear in your debug folder called dmesg.txt. This file is the kernel log from the previous android session. It starts off with a bit of junk, and then has the messages the kernel has spit out during your session.

The file's a bit messy, so you have to be a bit of a detective. Take note of the timestamps. If you have booted into android multiple times without fully shutting down the phone, it could write a new log over an old one, and wherever the new one ends, you'll start seeing the old data. (Generally between the new data and the old data there will be a jump in timestamps.)

These logs might give you a hint as to what's causing your system to crash.
makk i'm trying to get a dmesg log for phh and when i do these steps it gives me a dmesg file with:  è‚ ÈT„ ( Ž x Ž  
…  è‚ ÈT„ 0 Ž À Ž  
…  è‚ ÈT„ 8 Ž Ž  
…  è‚ ÈT„ @ Ž PŽ  
…  è‚ ÈT„ H Ž ˜Ž  
…  è‚ ÈT„ P Ž Ã*Ž  
…  è‚ ÈT„ X Ž (Ž  
…  è‚ ÈT„ ` Ž pŽ  
…  è‚ ÈT„

crap in it. what am i doing wrong? i can see it if i use the terminal emulator in android. how do i save that?