PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

What specifically do I need to do with startup.txt (use the one in /andboot) use the one in \andboot\STARTUP CONFIG\RAPH800? Where is the startup.txt supposed to go in \andboot (there's one already there in the AIO pkg) or in the root of the SD card?
Old 04-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
What specifically do I need to do with startup.txt (use the one in /andboot) use the one in \andboot\STARTUP CONFIG\RAPH800? Where is the startup.txt supposed to go in \andboot (there's one already there in the AIO pkg) or in the root of the SD card?
Should go in \andboot. If you placed everything at the root of the SD, then the startup should go to the root. Rule of thumb, the startup.txt goes whereever the Android folder "begins" - if that makes sense. Usually where the zImage, modules, haret.exe etc lie.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:19 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

startup.txt from andboot/ is the best one to use, and it should stay in /sdcard/andboot/. You can modify it with 240->210. the one from STARTUP CONFIGS should probably be modified to match it.

(Edit: Like arrrghhh said)

As far as your problems mounting /data, have you tried deleting the data.img, making sure you have 256mb free on the card, and starting again? That doesn't quite sound like the error you're getting, but it's worth a shot.

the latest initramfs has a way to specify a different loop partition (i.e. the partition containing data.img and system.sqsh); before the system runs a fsck on the sd card, it'll say something like

mmcblk0: p1 ...

If it says other things there, you might need to specify a different loop partition.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I was using Panasonic SDFormatter v2.0 but I guess I'll switch to HP card format and see what happens.
Never heard of it, I always just formatted cards via the OS - be that windows or linux.

The HP tool I've used when formatting flash usb keys, but I hear it works well with SD cards also.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Almost a VIP

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok got it to work finally. I modified the startup.txt in /andboot changing lcd.density=240 to lcd.density=210. Amazing.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor

How do you upload contacts ?

I have a PIM back up file

can I use it on Android ?

Or what can I do ?

Old 04-01-2010, 07:39 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Can't use PIMBackup. Easiest way is to use Google Sync to transfer from WinMo to your Google account, and then Android automatically will sync from there.

I'll add this to the FAQ.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Almost a VIP

Is there anyway to access Outlook from Android? I'm interested in sycing to my exchange server at work.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:50 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

There is exchange server support.

...I have no idea how it works.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Is there anyway to access Outlook from Android? I'm interested in sycing to my exchange server at work.
Yea, just like Makk said there is exchange support. You add the exchange account just like you would add your GMail sync account, when it asks click "Corporate" for the sync account, and answer the questions... assuming nothing funky with your exchange server, you should be good to go.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux