PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 02:10 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

And the latest AIO package (2010-05-11) has a rootfs from last night, so it should be past that point. I'm really baffled by all these boot loop issues. I think I've replaced all the things that would cause it, but maybe there's something I'm missing. If someone wants to hook up adb and get a logcat of it happening, that could help. (Install Droid Explorer. Connect to Activesync. Start Android. Start Droid Explorer and connect. Start logcat. Look to see what messages come up right before the X locks up and the boot process restarts.)

Edit: What the hell. OK... I'm going to re-up the AIO with the absolute latest rootfs. Maybe I just got unlucky last night.

Edit2: Uploaded. ~73mb. Hopefully not corrupt.

Last edited by makkonen; 05-11-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges311 View Post
hey guys i downloaded the all in one and unzipped it and put the andboot onto the root of my sd card. but when i ran the Haret.exe the little laser x thing ran on my phone but thats all it would do was repeatedly make that start up image. i found the past like 2 pages back saying to try the latest Zimage or something but idk what that means. do any of you know what i should do? im just tryin out the Android on the touch pro so if someone could tell me some of the basics also id appreciate it alot
Sorry, your question got kinda buried. I don't mean to show you "attitude" here, but you really do need to read the first and maybe second post so you have *some* idea of what's going on. Posting in a thread saying "I don't know what X means" usually means "I didn't search, please hand-feed me the answer".

2 things - update to the newest AIO, Makk just posted a new one. 2nd, be patient. The first boot takes seemingly forever, I know.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwired34 View Post
Hey now...settle down. I don't want you to think I don't appreciate your help.
Based on your suggestions, I noticed that the rootfs that I had on the card was still the one from the all in one package. On the first post, there is a link to dowload the latest rootfs. I got the latest and put it in the andboot folder and it is now working. I am not sure if this was supposed to be updated through the MJGDroid Util, but either way, it is working and I appreciate your help.
I'm settled. Glad you got it working. Seems we need to track down the developer of the MJGDroid Util, because it doesn't seem to be doing its job. Sigh, it was a good idea.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
And the latest AIO package (2010-05-11) has a rootfs from last night, so it should be past that point. I'm really baffled by all these boot loop issues. I think I've replaced all the things that would cause it, but maybe there's something I'm missing. If someone wants to hook up adb and get a logcat of it happening, that could help. (Install Droid Explorer. Connect to Activesync. Start Android. Start Droid Explorer and connect. Start logcat. Look to see what messages come up right before the X locks up and the boot process restarts.)

Edit: What the hell. OK... I'm going to re-up the AIO with the absolute latest rootfs. Maybe I just got unlucky last night.
LOL thanks for putting up with our ridiculousness Makk. Not sure why they're all having the issue as well, but hopefully keeping that AIO package will cut down on the problems. I'd like to track down the guy who wrote MJGDroid to see what we can do about improving that app - checking to see if we already have the latest, making sure it's using the new non-debugging zImages, etc.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

x2 thanks makk!
Old 05-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

njnickols is a n00b

silly question, can i tether while using Andriod?
Old 05-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnickols View Post
silly question, can i tether while using Andriod?
You got lucky, I was going to tell you to read the first post. It's in the first post on an XDA thread, not this one :P

See this post.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Lurker

njnickols is a n00b

thank you!
Old 05-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Lurker

njnickols is a n00b

however, reading that was like reading a new language to me. i shall see how far i get ha!
Old 05-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnickols View Post
however, reading that was like reading a new language to me. i shall see how far i get ha!
Let me know if you need some help, I managed to get it working without too much grief. Beware, it'll slaughter your battery.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux