PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 05:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

set ramsize 0x6000000
or
set ramsize 0x10000000

The latest packages from here/xda seem to have the 2nd one listed for the RAPH800, but the older ones have the first. That along with the file for the Diamond in the conf folder might be causing some of these problems, right?
Old 05-14-2010, 05:06 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I believe the ramsize is only while dealing with HaRET, and by the time you get to the kernel, it doesn't matter. So I don't think that's a worry (though it does bug me that I don't know which one is right -- I believe the latter, but I'm not certain).

The diamond conf... I noticed it had been added in the new AOSP-based package, so I left it there, and didn't examine too closely why. It shouldn't be the cause of problems, assuming it was added in a reasonable way -- but I don't know that it was. It'd be lovely if that was the cause of the problem, cuz it'd be so easy to fix. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

Well, I just grabbed the latest package from here but updated to all the newest files and put it all on an extra card. Deleted the Diamond stuff, used the bigger ramsize and got a startup loop. Restarting as-is, then trying the smaller one.

EDIT: Restart didn't work. Setting ramsize to 0x6000000 and trying again.

EDIT2: Ok, that didn't change anything either. No idea what to try now other than the plain AIO from the front page. If that doesn't work I will try the workaround you have posted.

EDIT3: That didn't work either. Trying workaround tomorrow.

Last edited by chrialex; 05-14-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic & Raph800

mj41374 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I'm still not sure why some are getting that looping X. That fix leaves a lot to be desired as well. A fix is a fix, don't get me wrong...
The fix isn't pretty - but it works when nothing else seemed to. Fortunately, after the fix, I've been able to successfully overwrite the system.sqsh with Stinebd's clean 2.1, running the latest glemsom zImage and modules from the beta site, as well as Stinebd's latest rootfs and intramfs w/o any more looping. So essentially, I've updated (manually) with all the latest stuff out there (and even was able to delete my data.img file and get it re-created). Now... if only they can get the GPS working on the RAPH800...
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Didn't know that had a bearing on it... Looks like I do need to test with a clean card.
Update - Crap. Looping X...
I'm just glad I'm not crazy - for a while there thought it was something to do with my phone. And a special thanks to hamagc, arrrghh, makk, an others who have much more time than I do to figure this all out... keep up the great work!
System: 1.32.651.6
PRI: 1.40_003 (60664 PRL)
Old 05-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

Simerlyj is a n00b
Smile Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Ive skimmed the entire post, but a 2xx page thread is gonna take some time to fully read. Have you guys ever found a workaround to get cricket user's data working? I know there was something about it somewhere around page 200, but I never really saw any resolution. In any Case, Great work on the Builds so far. If I could get Data to work from Cricket, I would most likely Just dualboot xandroid, and bypass winmo altogether.

Hairy details:
Raph from Sprint Flashed to Cricket
Latest build of android
Calls work
Texts work
MMS untested, but presumably doesnt work, since Cricket MMS uses data
Data- any time I attempt to use a data connection, The phone reboots.

Again, from what Im reading, these seem like pretty common Problems.

And were there ever ringtones?
Old 05-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

All I know about Cricket is they require a proxy server to connect to the 'net. Android may just be trying to connect without it and that's causing the reboot? I'm not sure. Not too many people use Cricket, sorry... All I know is data has been working fine on our official Sprint RAPH800's :P

And yes, there's always been ringtones... do you mean it doesn't ring?!?

mj41374, glad to hear it's working now for you consistently. That does seem to be it, since all of us who have been running this just updated, and it worked just fine. I hadn't wiped my card and started with a clean build in... months! I'd still like to know which piece of the puzzle is actually causing the issue, because there's several places I provide my horrible support for this project, and I'd like to help isolate the issue!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro

epcotster is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelendelson View Post
Quick question, running aio package, boots and runs great but when installing from marketplace gets to the end of install and says: "Installation Error - Insufficient storage available".
Same exact problem here. Any .apk files I saved and put in the Applications folder seem
to install and work fine.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Quote:
Originally Posted by epcotster View Post
Same exact problem here. Any .apk files I saved and put in the Applications folder seem
to install and work fine.
I was able to install apps in marketplace. I'm using the latest AIO following hamgmc's 3/31 to 5/11 fix.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:04 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

CricKet data should work (at least the connection part; not sure about the proxy), but I'm not sure what is involved in getting it up and running. You could attempt some of the tricks from the TP2 USCC thread -- I think there's more hard information there than there is here.

Ringtones work, but if you've got some weirdly named files on your sd card, they can kill the media scan process before it finds them. (Solution: Clear off the files; then grab sdrescan from the market, or make a fresh data.img)

I think the fix is more accurately mj41374's. hamagc is responsible for some other fixes.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

correct, that was mj41374's work around.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux