PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Roguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Jealous?
MAYBE!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Cricket

kris812 is keeping up the good workkris812 is keeping up the good work

So hey I've been playing with this Droid OS for a few days before I posted so I would have some kind of clue as to what is going on.. I found that the ALL-IN-ONE package does NOT boot (crashes before seeing the linux text).. For the life of me I couldn't understand why.. I downloaded an older verison I found somewhere and it booted fine.. I tossed the main files from the new verison except the HARET file and it booted.. I can't understand why the ALL IN ONE package doesn't work out of the box.. I've tryed a few different ROM's to rule that out but they're all ENERGYROMS 6.5.5.. Any idea's?? Also I've been trying to get the data working (cricket) on Android for quite a while now.. I've manually typed the settings in, got the 3g icon, see data going up, data coming down is only on first boot.. Any help would be awesome..
Old 04-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Roguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was having trouble booting the AIO package as well until I changed the STARTUP.txt file to something that was posted probably a few pages back now. Booted perfectly fine after that change was made.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I tried to change just the startup.txt from the working copy but the AIO package still didnt boot.. The weird thing is I tried just copiing the Herat file from the working copy to the AIO package and the damn thing still didnt boot.. I guess I could copy each file one by one to find the issue but I'm guessing there is only 3 main files (OR SO) that really effect things.. Just an FYI the package didnt run for me.. But an older one with the new files is working
Old 04-08-2010, 11:27 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'm really baffled as to why it's been so flaky for some people. Are you saying it's specifically HaRET that's causing the problem?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

Anyone having any problems with it going to sleep and never powering back up? Loving the android interface, I just hope they get the kinks (camera and POWER HOG) fixed soon
Old 04-09-2010, 01:07 AM
Lurker

freeway9867 is a n00b

same prob when I upgrades but I used the startup from the STARTUP CONFIG folder from the andboot folder works perfect(as can be expected).
Old 04-09-2010, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'll have to go back and try just swapping the old HARET file in the AIO package but I could swear I already tried doing just that.. Long story short, formated mem stick, flashed phone and copied straight from the new 033110 AIO package and its a no go.. Gets stuck before the linux screen.. If I put on the old build ..16... something and toss in all the files from the new one as well as the startup.txt (as always) minus the HARET.EXE it boots.. Weird I know.. I'll try just the old HARET file and post back sometime later
Old 04-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris812 View Post
I'll have to go back and try just swapping the old HARET file in the AIO package but I could swear I already tried doing just that.. Long story short, formated mem stick, flashed phone and copied straight from the new 033110 AIO package and its a no go.. Gets stuck before the linux screen.. If I put on the old build ..16... something and toss in all the files from the new one as well as the startup.txt (as always) minus the HARET.EXE it boots.. Weird I know.. I'll try just the old HARET file and post back sometime later
Do you have a RAPH800 or 500? I've rarely seen HaRET cause issues itself, it's typically the startup. Quit baffling Makk, it's probably the startup :P
Old 04-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

Anyone having issues trying to download apps from the marketplace? Or is that something that is not functional yet? It is stuck at "Beginning Download", but after about an hour it still shows that. I don't have mobile data, I only use a WiFi connection.

Does anyone happen to know if WiFi is persistant on Android? I know on WinMo it shut off if the phone was asleep, but it shows connected on Android as soon as I wake it up.

If the apps store requires the mobile data is there a way to bypass/fool it so I can use WiFi?

Also, Anyway to set it up to use the USB to GET internet? I know there are various ways to get the SD card recognized via USB by booting a certain way, not sure if there is some similar trick or setting or something that allows it to draw an internet connection.

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux