PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Some, not all, of the drivers, I would say. Some have robust drivers that would work from boot already. I think. I hope.

Just posted a new AIO package; hopefully no more boot looping. Added the MJG Droid Util, but it might be unable to download new kernels, since glemsom's old site is no longer updating, and only the beta site has the newest ones. Oh well.

he may not be able to run the updater to get the newest files.

hotwired34: download from this site and replace the files in your system. also make sure you are using the correct startup.txt for your device.
http://balsat.hopto.org/ - download the latest-linuxmsm.tar.gz. unpack it and try again.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

hotwired34 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
You need to UPDATE with the MJG Droid Util... then run it. So hit 'menu' then 'update' and update your build!!! Then run it.
I tried that as well. I also tried copying the startup.txt file out of the RAPH800 folder to the root of the andboot folder (shot in the dark...I know) but it still is stuck in boot. Would the debug.zip file be helpful in this situation?
Old 05-11-2010, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
hotwired34: download from this site and replace the files in your system. also make sure you are using the correct startup.txt for your device.
http://balsat.hopto.org/ - download the latest-linuxmsm.tar.gz. unpack it and try again.
This did not work either. Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 05-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwired34 View Post
This did not work either. Is anyone else having this problem?
Hrm... literally everyone has fixed this issue with updated zImage/modules/rootfs (I think it was the rootfs update, but I'm not positive).

So if you're running the newest of all that stuff, are you using an old recycled data.img? If so, try deleting/moving it so Android creates a fresh one. Also, have you tried the standard format of the SD card? Probably not it, but it seems to be the last resort thing to try when problems arise. Also, another SD card has been the solution for some, but again not for the issue you're experiencing.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
he may not be able to run the updater to get the newest files.
I'm going to do some digging, I think I'm still getting new zImages from MJGDroid...

Well, I have the newest modules based on the file name... how the heck else can I tell what zImage I'm actually getting? The date is useless, it's when I downloaded it...

Last edited by arrrghhh; 05-11-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

michaelm718 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88fingerslukee View Post
This is a common bug with the setup. If you just cancel out of the setup screen and let it sit for a bit it will be fine.
Oh alright thanks didn't know that. Which button allows me to cancel out though?
Old 05-11-2010, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Hrm... literally everyone has fixed this issue with updated zImage/modules/rootfs (I think it was the rootfs update, but I'm not positive).

So if you're running the newest of all that stuff, are you using an old recycled data.img?
No, the folder was copied new from my desktop.
Quote:
If so, try deleting/moving it so Android creates a fresh one. Also, have you tried the standard format of the SD card?
No. I have other stuff on the card and would prefer not doing that.

Quote:
Probably not it, but it seems to be the last resort thing to try when problems arise. Also, another SD card has been the solution for some, but again not for the issue you're experiencing.
Let me tell you exactly what I did so you can see if I missed something. I had a version from March working in an Android folder on the SD card. I started out by deleting that folder. Then I downloaded the all in one package from post 1, extracted it to my desktop. I then copied it to my sd card. From there, did the update through the MJG Droid Util, and finally copied the zImage file and modules-2.6.27......from the Lates-LinuxMSM.tar.gz from the BalSat site.

Am I missing something? Am i supposed to change the name of the modules-2.6.27.46-0185....etc...to something else? Was it supposed to overwrite the modules folder already in andboot?

Last edited by hotwired34; 05-11-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwired34 View Post
No. I have other stuff on the card and would prefer not doing that.

Let me tell you exactly what I did so you can see if I missed something. I had a version from March working in an Android folder on the SD card. I started out by deleting that folder. Then I downloaded the all in one package from post 1, extracted it to my desktop. I then copied it to my sd card. From there, did the update through the MJG Droid Util, and finally copied the zImage file and modules-2.6.27......from the Lates-LinuxMSM.tar.gz from the BalSat site.

Am I missing something? Am i supposed to change the name of the modules-2.6.27.46-0185....etc...to something else? Was it supposed to overwrite the modules folder already in andboot?
Sounds like you did it right. Anything you download should go in the /andboot directory (or wherever you launch haret.exe from). Same goes for the MJGDroid Util - it should go wherever you launch haret from.

Based on what you're saying, everything you're doing is correct. If you don't want to format the SD card, then fine - but I can't help you if you refuse to do something simple. It may not be the issue, like I said earlier, EVERY single person fixed the looping boot screen by updating to the newest zImage/rootfs. And again, I think it was the updated rootfs rather than the updated zImage/modules. Formatting the SD is easy, just copy everything from the card to your desktop, format, copy it back... not sure what the big deal there is, but it's probably not your issue anyways. Same with swapping the card, it may not be your issue but if you're not even willing to try... why should I be willing to help?

Just saw the renaming files question. The rootfs should be rootfs.img, zImage should be just that - zImage. Modules will have the kernel number followed by what seems to be part of a hash, not sure. Leave that file alone.

MJGDroid Util is a great app, and hopefully we can get it updated (if it even needs to be, that is). It'll make updating Android so much easier. Takes a little while, but it's not that bad.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 05-11-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm718 View Post
Oh alright thanks didn't know that. Which button allows me to cancel out though?
Should be a "Skip" button...
Old 05-11-2010, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Sounds like you did it right. Anything you download should go in the /andboot directory (or wherever you launch haret.exe from). Same goes for the MJGDroid Util - it should go wherever you launch haret from.

Based on what you're saying, everything your doing is correct. If you don't want to format the SD card, then fine - but I can't help you if you refuse to do something simple. It may not be the issue, like I said earlier, EVERY single person fixed the looping boot screen by updating to the newest zImage/rootfs. And again, I think it was the updated rootfs rather than the updated zImage/modules. Formatting the SD is easy, just copy everything from the card to your desktop, format, copy it back... not sure what the big deal there is, but it's probably not your issue anyways. Same with swapping the card, it may not be your issue but if you're not even willing to try... why should I be willing to help?
Hey now...settle down. I don't want you to think I don't appreciate your help.
Based on your suggestions, I noticed that the rootfs that I had on the card was still the one from the all in one package. On the first post, there is a link to dowload the latest rootfs. I got the latest and put it in the andboot folder and it is now working. I am not sure if this was supposed to be updated through the MJGDroid Util, but either way, it is working and I appreciate your help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux