View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 01:52 PM
hotwired34
PPCGeeks Regular

hotwired34 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Hrm... literally everyone has fixed this issue with updated zImage/modules/rootfs (I think it was the rootfs update, but I'm not positive).

So if you're running the newest of all that stuff, are you using an old recycled data.img?
No, the folder was copied new from my desktop.
Quote:
If so, try deleting/moving it so Android creates a fresh one. Also, have you tried the standard format of the SD card?
No. I have other stuff on the card and would prefer not doing that.

Quote:
Probably not it, but it seems to be the last resort thing to try when problems arise. Also, another SD card has been the solution for some, but again not for the issue you're experiencing.
Let me tell you exactly what I did so you can see if I missed something. I had a version from March working in an Android folder on the SD card. I started out by deleting that folder. Then I downloaded the all in one package from post 1, extracted it to my desktop. I then copied it to my sd card. From there, did the update through the MJG Droid Util, and finally copied the zImage file and modules-2.6.27......from the Lates-LinuxMSM.tar.gz from the BalSat site.

Am I missing something? Am i supposed to change the name of the modules-2.6.27.46-0185....etc...to something else? Was it supposed to overwrite the modules folder already in andboot?

Last edited by hotwired34; 05-11-2010 at 01:58 PM.