View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 02:02 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwired34 View Post
No. I have other stuff on the card and would prefer not doing that.

Let me tell you exactly what I did so you can see if I missed something. I had a version from March working in an Android folder on the SD card. I started out by deleting that folder. Then I downloaded the all in one package from post 1, extracted it to my desktop. I then copied it to my sd card. From there, did the update through the MJG Droid Util, and finally copied the zImage file and modules-2.6.27......from the Lates-LinuxMSM.tar.gz from the BalSat site.

Am I missing something? Am i supposed to change the name of the modules-2.6.27.46-0185....etc...to something else? Was it supposed to overwrite the modules folder already in andboot?
Sounds like you did it right. Anything you download should go in the /andboot directory (or wherever you launch haret.exe from). Same goes for the MJGDroid Util - it should go wherever you launch haret from.

Based on what you're saying, everything you're doing is correct. If you don't want to format the SD card, then fine - but I can't help you if you refuse to do something simple. It may not be the issue, like I said earlier, EVERY single person fixed the looping boot screen by updating to the newest zImage/rootfs. And again, I think it was the updated rootfs rather than the updated zImage/modules. Formatting the SD is easy, just copy everything from the card to your desktop, format, copy it back... not sure what the big deal there is, but it's probably not your issue anyways. Same with swapping the card, it may not be your issue but if you're not even willing to try... why should I be willing to help?

Just saw the renaming files question. The rootfs should be rootfs.img, zImage should be just that - zImage. Modules will have the kernel number followed by what seems to be part of a hash, not sure. Leave that file alone.

MJGDroid Util is a great app, and hopefully we can get it updated (if it even needs to be, that is). It'll make updating Android so much easier. Takes a little while, but it's not that bad.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 05-11-2010 at 02:08 PM.