PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 10:52 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

That step shouldn't be necessary on the latest packages. (I won't say ISN'T necessary, but shouldn't be.) The recent data failures seem to all be due to the rootfs. grab the newest one (linked in first post) and data connections should function again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

karafa is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
I just woke up this morning and noticed my clock was 10 minutes slow. Cycling the setting for network time did nothing (didn't really expect it to, but hey, worth a shot). Something with the clocking changes in the last week, I guess (I don't remember exactly what kernel I'm running). No fix that I'm aware of, except finding the bug in the kernel and squashing it.

Overclocking should work out of the box, but I haven't tested it. I believe the cmdline setting is acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=xxxxxx (people have had luck with 610000, one person said he was running stably up at 720000).

Things have seemed sluggish to me, lately, as well, but I couldn't tell if that was just slowdown after it being booted for a while.
Hah, I would think that that would work too, any other phone I've used that has some kind of network time sync triggers a sync when you toggle the option.

I was also wondering if there's a way to increase the sensitivity of the screen? I find that I have to press pretty hard to get things to register sometimes.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mcss is a n00b

Quote:
That step shouldn't be necessary on the latest packages. (I won't say ISN'T necessary, but shouldn't be.) The recent data failures seem to all be due to the rootfs. grab the newest one (linked in first post) and data connections should function again.

makkonen, looks like you put up another rootfs last night....any important changes in that one to grab, or just wait for the next revision?
Old 03-02-2010, 12:17 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Some people on the wave were saying it fixed their data connection troubles, so... if data's not working, grab it. Otherwise, no, it does nothing important.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I don't have any GOOD ideas, but you can make sure

echo 2 > /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/usb_function_switch

is in your custom shell commands in eclair.user.conf (enables adb on windows); then grab droid explorer, connect up, and pull up the logcat console while you're booting to see where it's failing.

Or install virtualbox and ubuntu. It's more painless than you'd think.

debarron and wstidolph: I didn't mention it because I didn't really think many people were using the subdirectory here, but the rootfs got changed recently so that the default folder it looks to is not android, but andboot. Unfortunately, the current initrd isn't aware of this change, so it's a bit of a mess.

Long story short, you can make it function the old way by putting

rel_path=android

in your cmdline parameters in your startup.txt. This sets it to look in the old location.

(The reason it got switched is because some android apps were creating an android folder when they ran, and so, if you had your files in the root of the sd card, on the next boot, it would see the android folder, look there, find nothing, and fail to boot. Once this is all sorted out, it'll work better, but it's a little ugly at the moment.)

lol ok so putting linux on here isn't an option for me (work computer) so i took the other route. installed droid explorer. added the line in the custom shell commands, and it looks like i'm seeing the phone but i don't have drivers for it lol.

i'm wondering if i need a new rootfs to go along with the system? or something weird like that. i dunno.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro on MetrOPCS
Carrier: MetroPCS

cdahlquistjr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
lol ok so putting linux on here isn't an option for me (work computer) so i took the other route.

Maybe a live boot disk? I've run Umbuntu in a similar situation
Old 03-02-2010, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hotwired34 is just getting started

I was wondering how/if any of you guys(and gals) are using this full time? I have it working great on my Sprint touch pro...but for one, it gets hot as (you know)...and 2, the battery actually drains faster than it charges (when connected via USB). I am constantly going in to adv.task killer and killing anything that runs...but I still have to keep it plugged in always.

Other than that, love playing around with it.

Thanks.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:45 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

I'd say I'm running it maybe 50% of the time these days. I run WinMo until some showstopping bug pisses me off so much that I decide Android would be better... then I run Android until some hard crash (usually in the middle of a phone call) brings me back to WinMo. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I sort of hate both of them now.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint

biodtl is a n00b

I use it full time and love it. I am not experiencing the battery drain that you have though. I generally plug it in to PC connected USB when I sit at my desk, but it definitely charges faster than it drains. Mine can idle for at least 4-6 hours without plugging it in, probably more, but I don't want to miss a call It does get hot while in use, but its not hot while idle in my pocket. Seems like you have something else going on, but I have no suggestions.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

hussmanne is a n00b

I've also been trying to use it full time but running into the same charging issue. The battery depletes faster than it charges in Android. Also, still have the same hardware keyboard issue I reported last time, even after deleting all files and starting over with the new 3/1 build. While entering my google account info it stopped after 20 letters or so. Keyboard works just as fine as can be expected in WinMo (which is pretty dismal, but hey, we know that already). So restored my data.img and am back to the soft keyboard for now. Really strange issue, only one other person seems to have it. Perhaps it is a hardware issue, but I would figure that it would also manifest itself in WinMo also.

Thank you in advance for any insight anyone can provide.

Last edited by hussmanne; 03-02-2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: clarification

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux