View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 12:28 PM
hamagc
Halfway to VIP Status

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrialex View Post
I have seen it turn off the screen before, usually it is when the light for the End Call button and another one stuck on. I can usually get it to work by running my finger over the back button enough to have it switch off the light for the other one and turn on the light for it, then it works.

ok so i tried this as mentioned. did not work.

when my dpad goes out, it all goes out. the call button stops working, the back button, the menu button. no lights come on when i touch, and the center button does not work.

happened again lastnight after i deleted my data.img. doesn't look like anything sets it off as it happens at random and i am pretty much required to reset. the home button (top left) still works and so does volume but nothing on the bottom.

curious i gave the end button a new function (home then sleep), when i pressed it it did nothing. when i put it back to just sleep, the end and back button put the phone to sleep again.

when i press the call, center button, or menu button, it does recognize that a button was hit. if i am on my home screen, it will highlight an icon and move between the screens.

totally stumped on this one.

but some good news. full charge lastnight when i got home. phone lasted from 5pm until 11:30pm when it completely died. this was with fairly heavy usage (building new data.img, setting settings again, installing apks, browsing internet, a few applications, lots of time on games).