PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell Touch Pro, Telus P5310 (NEON400)
Carrier: Bell, Telus

88fingerslukee is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
and holy crap gps is coming!!! See this for proof :d

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! !
Old 05-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

lol no i'm serious. everytime i need to boot back into windows it feels worse. something else will freeze or piss me off lol
Old 05-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
lol no i'm serious. everytime i need to boot back into windows it feels worse. something else will freeze or piss me off lol
I have noticed more and more how much WinMo sucks, but I think 88fingerslukee is right... it's because it does, and we just didn't realize how much it did suck until we run a completely different OS on the SAME hardware! The comparison is kinda sad really, considering this device was built specifically for WinMo.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

your not kidding. every aspect of xdandroid (minus the missing features) blow winmo out of the water on our phones. the speed, stability, and overall smoothness of things just doesn't compare.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Just not CDMA raph/diam, and not sure about topaz.
lol and as fast as my hopes went up, they crashed again.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
lol and as fast as my hopes went up, they crashed again.
Seriously. Hopefully it'll be one of those things that gets worked out 'eventually'. Sigh. Damn CDMA.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:17 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

a lot of the cdma specific work has already been done for vogue. In theory, with someone knowledgeable looking at it, it could get solved fairly quickly.

bzo has said he'll look at it. He is knowledgeable. But there just aren't many devs working on the cdma side of things at the moment (since MrPippy disappeared). I mean, there's probably less than 5 working consistently on GSM. and, like, less than one on CDMA.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

damnit, i really need to learn this crap so i can help more.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Damn what happened to MrPippy? I know he was doing a lot of the commits for CDMA stuff. That sucks.

I wish I was more knowledgeable. I tried to flail around, but failed horridly. Perhaps I'll pick it up again... But I probably won't be able to contribute anything. At least not anything useful!

BTW Phh said that it does work for the CDMA RHOD/Topaz. I wonder what the difference is?
Old 05-10-2010, 05:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Jopcastillo is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Jopcastillo

Hey guys! im such a noob! is there anyway that i can fix the the audio so i can use usb/headphones?

thank you so much!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux