View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 12:27 AM
makkonen
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I would do what Makk suggested earlier about taking turbo mode out. Perhaps Makk we (by we I mean you :P) should make a "clean" AIO in a sense? Just strip any of the extraneous stuff from the cmdline in the startup. Not sure if it would help people or not.
I don't think I'll go that far, but I will strip out turbo mode from the next CDMA AIO release. I meant to do it with this last one, but forgot when I was putting it together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLimits View Post
edit looks like tethering is also not working. it tells me Usb not connected however it is charging...
Not sure what you're using to tether, but if USB isn't connecting, make sure you're connected to activesync while you boot Android. USB init is not quite right -- it's a known and long-standing bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmblouin View Post
Well my touch pro sat on the shelve for a while to I found another use for it. I finally got fring to make my touch pro a wifi home phone. Works great when I call it from my moto droid. If anyone else was in the same situation, bring the touch pro back to life with 2.2 froyo and fring. Works awsome! No video calls yet since camera is not supported.

edit:You can recieve video calls but only send a checkerboard design instead in response to the call.
Another way to accomplish that (wifi home phone) is with sipdroid, ipkall, google voice, pbxes.org and sipsorcery. Here's a fairly complete writeup from gurnted at xda-devs. It is ridiculously complex, but once it's set up, it's pretty nice (though I just set it up last week, and I'm not yet sure it's at all reliable, especially for incoming calls). Free US calling from any wifi connection, well integrated into the Android interface, though -- seems sort of like the holy grail.

[
QUOTE=cxc;1876094]Has anyone been able to make a call using the google voice app? I keep getting the "the number or code you dialed is incorrect". I tried to look for a solution, apparently it has something to do with the app dialing a plus sign (+) every time which sprint cannot interpret. Is there a work around for this? Thanks!![/QUOTE]

I believe this was mentioned up-page. Add north_am_dialing=1 to your cmdline to get around the plus sign issue. Some phones send it and some do not, for some baffling reason. Might be a setting somewhere on the account back-end that determines it.

Last edited by makkonen; 07-21-2010 at 12:29 AM.