PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 08:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (XV6850)
Carrier: Verizon

phillipdhall is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
anyone with VZN been able to get 2.2 working? i keep getting errors while booting and it just stops. the old version is working pretty good other than a few little things.
Works for me, just too slow to actually use for anything.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work

Anyone ever notice that if you havent restarted your WM phone for a while and you run haret, it will freeze before booting linux. But if you do a fresh restart on your WM phone, haret will workk 100%?

Has anyone got voice search/voice input working on the latest 2.2 AIO?

Ringtones, where do get them to add them back?
Old 07-17-2010, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work

I can't get haret to boot android anymore. Everytime I run haret the phone freezes. I deleted and recopied the andboot folder twice. I also ran a scan disk.

Any ideas what I can try next?

EDIT:

just tried haret again for the 5th time and it booted to the black scrolling text screen and is now stuck saying "waiting for SD card" in a continuous loop.

Last edited by bobram; 07-17-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bhtooefr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
just tried haret again for the 5th time and it booted to the black scrolling text screen and is now stuck saying "waiting for SD card" in a continuous loop.
Make sure you've copied the correct startup.txt from the STARTUP CONFIGS folder.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gus616 is a n00b

this is awesome!! but i had my gps navigation working, but it asked me to install something for audio something or other to use with turn by turn directions, and now i can't get the gps to work anymore. other then that, ,i can use most of the features pretty well on my touch pro. i guess this will tide me over till EVO's become available again and i can get one. but if anyone can help out with the gps as to why it would work and get directions the first time, but then the navigation software asked me to install something for audio, i did, and now it dont work
Old 07-19-2010, 10:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus616 View Post
this is awesome!! but i had my gps navigation working, but it asked me to install something for audio something or other to use with turn by turn directions, and now i can't get the gps to work anymore. other then that, ,i can use most of the features pretty well on my touch pro. i guess this will tide me over till EVO's become available again and i can get one. but if anyone can help out with the gps as to why it would work and get directions the first time, but then the navigation software asked me to install something for audio, i did, and now it dont work
easiest fix would be delete android off your card and reinstall it. then it would work and just dont install whatever that was when it ask.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hotwired34 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
Anyone ever notice that if you havent restarted your WM phone for a while and you run haret, it will freeze before booting linux. But if you do a fresh restart on your WM phone, haret will workk 100%?
I am noticing an issue with freezing also, but mine is a little different. I did a fresh install, booted into Android fine and configured the mobile network as per the FAQ. So far, so good. Everything was running fine until after a phone call, the 3G connection cut out and would not reconnect. I did a reboot back into windows and now I can't get android to run. When I run haret, the progress bar shows, fills up and disappears, but the phone never starts to boot into android. I don't get the 2 quick vibrations...nothing. The only thing I can do is reboot back into windows.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I don't know why so many Android installs are getting hosed...

The only thing I can say is format with the HP tool and start fresh with a clean build...
Old 07-20-2010, 02:06 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Also, try dropping the turbo mode from the cmdline, if it's there. I don't know why that would just start being a problem, but it's not the strangest thing imaginable.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ok guys, got one for you. i have android running(2.1) but want to give 2.2 a try. for some reason the "upgrade" from XDA didnt take so i have 2.2 downloaded. my question to you is, where are the apps that you downloaded stored? i really dont feel like downloading them again if i can help it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux