PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: at&t:HTC Aria waiting for WP7 to Arrive
Carrier: at&t

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: have you USED android yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
That's the way you keep trying to spin it. The facts are:
Better processor, better screen resolution, keyboard, 16 gigs of storage, same OS, same size device, yeah, the Droid is better.

And I am not saying Google Earth doesn't look good on the Nexus. I am just saying I'd rather have a Droid (and plenty of others would too- just look at the comments in that comparison link that dragon posted).
An extra 50 odd pixels isn't a total blast in resolution. Not even noteworthy. The processor on the N1 is faster, done. The 16 gigs of storage is an SD card that ships with the device.

Seriously....?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:53 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
The Droid Eris is a "budget" smartphone too, lower spec.

A friend of mine has a Droid and I've played with it a bit, it's nice. Will I jump ship to Android because of it? Nah, not yet. Thankfully my TP2 was running 100% when we had a comparison and the TP2 was smoother, faster, more customizable, and had more useful programs available than his Droid... TP2 FTW in that case, too bad it's been crapping out since that.

Now a choice between Android and WinMo 7? That will be tougher but I'll have to decide when the time comes.
is it lower spec'd than the tp2? no. besides the screen resolution, they are pretty evenly matched.
so comparing the tp2 to the eris is fair.
comparing the tp2 to the nexus one is not.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oridus View Post
An extra 50 odd pixels isn't a total blast in resolution. Not even noteworthy. The processor on the N1 is faster, done. The 16 gigs of storage is an SD card that ships with the device.

Seriously....?
Sounds like a bunch of excuses. Not even close to convincing me the Nexus is better than a Droid.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Retired Staff

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Sounds like a bunch of excuses. Not even close to convincing me the Nexus is better than a Droid.
Looks like a stalemate then.

You still have yet to admit that the 16 gigs of storage is an SD card that SHIPS WITH THE DEVICE.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:14 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Looks like a stalemate then.

You still have yet to admit that the 16 gigs of storage is an SD card that SHIPS WITH THE DEVICE.
Does it matter? If the Droid ships with a 16 gig microsd card, does that somehow mean the Nexus is bettrer? Does the Nexus ship with something better? Whether it's built into the device or a microsd card, it is still the same as far as my overall point is concerned: the Droid is better.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Does it matter? If the Droid ships with a 16 gig microsd card, does that somehow mean the Nexus is bettrer? Does the Nexus ship with something better? Whether it's built into the device or a microsd card, it is still the same as far as my overall point is concerned: the Droid is better.
Have you shown stable proof yet? I have yet to see it.

Have I shown stable proof that the N1 is better? No, I have yet to.

All you're doing is bashing your head against a wall trying to convince us why the Droid is better, spewing out incorrect data, thus making you look like a very simple person, if I may.

Anyways, it's all in a matter of opinion. Go play with your Droid, i'll play with my Tp2, and the others will play with their N1's and we'll all be happy.

*Tosses ball* Go get it boy.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:25 PM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I finally went ahead and grabbed a nexus and im loving it. Sold my TP2 so now I have a nexus and the 3gs... couldnt be happier. I have to admit, the n1 is justttttttttt a tad bit faster than the 3gs but app wise I still use the 3gs more. I'm still holding my sprint line to try to see when or if the supersonic is ever coming out. Whenever it does ill probably sell the n1 and switch over to it... I just hope it comes with sense. I've seen a few people root their n1's and put sense on it already but i'm pretty content with it the way it is.

Now if the iphone 4G AND the supersonic come out sometime around the summer ill probably be one broke dude.
sprint has already said it will have a 4g phone out before summer, so that will probably by the supersonic. hopefully they'll get one out with a keyboard by the end of the year.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:33 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Have you shown stable proof yet? I have yet to see it.

Have I shown stable proof that the N1 is better? No, I have yet to.

All you're doing is bashing your head against a wall trying to convince us why the Droid is better, spewing out incorrect data, thus making you look like a very simple person, if I may.

Anyways, it's all in a matter of opinion. Go play with your Droid, i'll play with my Tp2, and the others will play with their N1's and we'll all be happy.

*Tosses ball* Go get it boy.
I don't have a Droid, I have a TP2.

And yes, I have backed up all of my arguments. Again, my arguments:
1: The Droid has a better processor. It does more per clock cycle than a qualcomm, and it can be overclocked to 1.1 gigs with no problems (which is faster than the snapdragon in the Nexus, and still doing more per clock cycle). I only brough tthis up when someone incorrectly said the Nexus had a better processor simply based on clock speed.
2: The resolution on the Droid is better. I only brought up this fact when someone said it was a fact that the display ont he Nexus was better.
3: The screens are the same size. I only brought up this fact when someone else said the Nexus was better because it had a bigger screen.
4: The devices are the same size. I only brought up this fact when someone else said it was a negative for the Droid that it has a keyboard.
5: The Droid has a keyboard. Again, someone else said the Droid's keyboard is crappy. At least it has a keyboard.
6: The Droid runs Android 2.1. I only brought this up when someone else said the Nexus had a newer or better OS.
7: And the Droid ships with 16 gigs of storage.

I think these all make a pretty solid argument. And I'm not the one in here calling everyone a moron or an idiot for not agreeing with me. Now, look at the other side of the argument. What is there- a bunch of name calling, twisting facts, straw man arguments, and that's pretty much it.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
I don't have a Droid, I have a TP2.

And yes, I have backed up all of my arguments. Again, my arguments:
1: The Droid has a better processor. It does more per clock cycle than a qualcomm, and it can be overclocked to 1.1 gigs with no problems (which is faster than the snapdragon in the Nexus, and still doing more per clock cycle). I only brough tthis up when someone incorrectly said the Nexus had a better processor simply based on clock speed.
2: The resolution on the Droid is better. I only brought up this fact when someone said it was a fact that the display ont he Nexus was better.
3: The screens are the same size. I only brought up this fact when someone else said the Nexus was better because it had a bigger screen.
4: The devices are the same size. I only brought up this fact when someone else said it was a negative for the Droid that it has a keyboard.
5: The Droid has a keyboard. Again, someone else said the Droid's keyboard is crappy. At least it has a keyboard.
6: The Droid runs Android 2.1. I only brought this up when someone else said the Nexus had a newer or better OS.
7: And the Droid ships with 16 gigs of storage.

I think these all make a pretty solid argument. And I'm not the one in here calling everyone a moron or an idiot for not agreeing with me. Now, look at the other side of the argument. What is there- a bunch of name calling and that's pretty much it.
1) Please show us statistical data explaining exactly why the Droid's processor is better/faster than the N1's. Show us exactly how much "more" is done per clock cycle. Also, we're talking stock. The VAST majority of users of a Droid will NOT overclock their processors on their smartphone.

2) The resolution of the Droid's screen compared to the Nexus One's is a VERY SMALL increase. Hardly noticeable, if at all, at a glance. However, the AMOLED Display on the Nexus ONE compared to the Droid's TFT Display is a a visual difference that can be seen right off the bat. The sharpness, color density, and brightness are all visually apparent right off the bat.

3) The Nexus One's screen is .7 Millimeters larger. However, in your favor, this is not noticeable at a glance.

4) The Droid is wider, and thicker, and the Nexus One is taller. The Nexus One is lighter.

5) It sure does have a keyboard, but the keyboard is very poorly made, with small keys, cramped space due to the DPAD, and the keys are very flush to the surface, and the tactile feedback leaves room for improvement. It's no TP2 Keyboard, that's for sure.

6) Droid ships with Google Android 2.0. Nexus One ships with Google Android 2.1. (Information taken from PDA Comparer).

7) I have 13 SD cards laying around, ranging from 1 to 32 gigs. Shipping with a 16 gig SD card is not an impressive selling point. The Nexus One ships with a larger internal memory capacity, double that of the Droid.

Thank you and please come again.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellGuy View Post
Last night I hauled my Harley up to Gadsden to a nice lady and her father (retired sickle cop, lucky son-of-a-xxxxx) who bought it sight unseen from Hogs4sale. Fetched a fair price too! Nice lady, her and her dad were going to share it. Lived on the river in Rainbow City, absolutely beautiful. I digress again. Anyway, on the way up there, a DMax was pulling an open trailer with looked like a couple Palm or Coconut trees (hard to tell, they were laying down). Looked like total he had less than 6,000 lbs. Not much at all. He was out in the left lane in rush hour traffic making everyone happy, when I noticed a puff of smoke, like he whomped down on it. Of course no acceleration. Then a couple more bigger puffs and I suspected I'd see a right blinker. Sure enough, he's wanting over. He goes for the far right lane, and rides it for about 1/4 of a mile and then all hel... let's make that all aluminum lets go and boy howdy, what a smoke show. On the curb it goes. I would've stopped to help him out, but I had a Harley to deliver. I gave my truck a wink and said, "ata boy, that's a good Cummins, keep on a'hummin."
wow, must be one rich person considering you have a really nice truck, a harley, an airstream...
next story gonna be about your personal jet? is this John Travolta?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2